The latest SL-C/GT-R steering column

Ken Roberts

Supporter
The latest steering column supplied with the current SL-C and up coming GT-R is possibly from a Olds Aurora. I've started to do a bit of research on it. The last style/series of steering column before the Aurora was cancelled was from 2001 to 2003. I've got the pinouts and schematics from the 01 to 03 now and they appear to be the same for all three years. Before I post them in this thread I wonder if someone can verify the part number for me.

Here are the three most common part numbers for them

Last edited:

Mark B.

Supporter
Yep, big sticker right on the bottom:
26074674 is the PN on mine
Quick search shows it as a 1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue

Last edited:
Can anybody tell me the correct part number for the clock spring that fits the 26074674 steering column?

Thanks

Mark B.

Supporter
For the horn, there's no clock spring on that column (clock spring was just for the airbag for this column). You will need the horn "plunger" which you can get on jegs. It's the thing with the spiring on it in the pic in this link:
Ididit 2612400010: Grant or Bell Horn Kit No Button | JEGS

It goes in to the hole on the front where the wheel bolts up (you may need to remove a plastic flange to get to it depending on how your column was delivered. You rotate it to lock, then the wire goes to the horn button.

Back