New owner here.

Looks like today I am the proud new owner of an SL-C! Been a long time coming and glad to finally be in a position to get one. Won't bore ya with the "it was a dream car of mine for a long time" stuff, but it has been. :D

I have been building cars for about 25 years and am really excited to put that experience to use in the SL-C that is such an open and wicked platform to do whatever you want really. I don't plan to track it much, but more of a demonic road car.
Car I purchased is mostly complete, but it will be going to Fran first (before I even see it) to get me lined out if there is anything else I need. The exterior is finished, but mechanicals need to be wrapped up, then full disassembly to do all the finishes on everything underneath.
Bottomline is, I have no idea how far I will go, but as my history has shown the longer I own something the crazier it gets and I have no outlook to sell. :thumbsup:

Pics of car. I am sure some of you are already familiar with it.

Attachments

• IMG_5344.jpg
    IMG_5344.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 521
  • IMG956475.jpg
    IMG956475.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 454
  • IMG956497.jpg
    IMG956497.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 475
  • IMG959527.jpg
    IMG959527.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 522

Ken Roberts

Supporter
Congrats on the new car. I believe it was one of the first made. Are you going with the Infinity box wiring Scott?

I heard it was the first actually, I havnt talked with Fran about it yet though.

Yes, getting the updated wiring. Seems like a good choice. I actually like wiring and making harnesses, but that Infinity box looks very professional.

Howard Jones

Supporter
Ahhhhh..............did you get the nickers with the car? Robert Mesa has the first chassis SLC 001. He bought it before it was even a complete design, sight un seen if I have that right.

Anyway congrats, welcome to the club.

Welcome Scott!
Very interesting car you bought there, twin turbo Lexus power is a one of a kind in SLC world. If you want to be the bad boy in your state you pretty much got the machine to do it. Congrats.

A little history - Scott's new car (one of the two (?) prototypes) was a pile of machined parts sitting on Fran's shop floor next to the SLC body plug when I visited. His car's body was the first pulled from the mould and although I tried, I could not wait long enough to see it. Turns out it arrived 10 minutes after I left for the airport.

I signed up for the first production car during that visit. So (now) it's partially his fault *chuckle*

Welcome Scott!
Very interesting car you bought there, twin turbo Lexus power is a one of a kind in SLC world. If you want to be the bad boy in your state you pretty much got the machine to do it. Congrats.

A little history - Scott's new car (one of the two (?) prototypes) was a pile of machined parts sitting on Fran's shop floor next to the SLC body plug when I visited. His car's body was the first pulled from the mould and although I tried, I could not wait long enough to see it. Turns out it arrived 10 minutes after I left for the airport.

I signed up for the first production car during that visit. So (now) it's partially his fault *chuckle*

thanks for a little history on it. always good to know the path of such a rare car.
i am curious if there is another in oregon. i still have yet to see one in person (won't see mine for a few more weeks i am guessing) so pretty stoked about its arrival.

Twin turbo Lexus v8?

yes, 4.0 lexus v8. right now it is pretty much a mock up stock motor, but it is an early 90's one which i hear is the most desirable to build. 6 bolt mains and lots of aftermarket support. it is a relatively cheap motor to build to hold up to 1500hp. a 9000 redline will be a must. :laugh:

yes, 4.0 lexus v8. right now it is pretty much a mock up stock motor, but it is an early 90's one which i hear is the most desirable to build. 6 bolt mains and lots of aftermarket support. it is a relatively cheap motor to build to hold up to 1500hp. a 9000 redline will be a must. :laugh:

Wait ... so the car doesn't even have a working built motor? I'd heard rumors that nothing on the car was finished (electrical, etc...), but thought they were just rumors given it's been what 7 or 8yrs, lol.

Dr. David

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Scott,
I live in Oregon.
I am not aware of any SLCs in Oregon, but that doesn't mean there aren't any here. However, there is an RCR replica of a Porsche 962 at Jeff Gamroth's shop, Rothsport Racing, in Sherwood. It appears to have a lot of SLC-like components on it. I met a guy who had a RCR GT-40 from Portland, but that was a couple of years ago and he was trying to sell the car at that time. I personally have an RCR-LMP-1 car I am trying to build. I live in the Stafford area of Tualatin, Wilsonville, West Linn, Lake Oswego.

All of these RCR products are not far from you.

If you think there is anything I can do for you, please do not hesitate to contact me.

David

Thanks David for the offer of help. I'm sure I will run into a few stumbles along the way.
I am familiar with Rothsport Racing. Met them a few years ago. Was buying some parts from them but can't remember what it was at the time. Lots of cool stuff in there.
I am happy to hear there isn't a bunch of SL-C's running around here. :) Would like to check out the LMP-1 sometime though, they look pretty wicked!

Back