One Tank Across America Challenge in a SLC

Preston,
I came up with the concept a couple of years ago , it has not been done before to the best of my knowledge.
I wanted to do something that was not necessarily about going fast but still doing it In a go fast car style car.

Pat Okeefe /CLP have connections with Neste so they are making the trip using Neste fuel.
CLP have worked hard , so I am excited for them to make this happen

Speed limits aside, what do you think is the car's optimum speed for mileage?

FYI my '96 Viper coupe got 23.5 MPG at 85 MPH and 1700 RPM.

JR

Fran, it's renewable diesel (RD), not biodiesel :). RD is a much better alternative to biodiesel because it's chemically identical to petroleum diesel, yet higher quality. We have pretty much worked non-stop on the car for the past 6 weeks which is why we haven't posted much. Tons of last minutes issues to work through but all is well now. I'm on the plane to Jacksonville as we start the journey tomorrow. The car is currently running the 1.9L ALH motor that was in the LMP2. We were getting over 75 mpg in testing. I expect less on the trip because of the "surface of the sun" like heat that we will be in pretty much the entire trip. Should be fun though. Follow along on CLP Motorsports facebook page. Pat

Back