SLC spring rates

Howard Jones

Supporter
I am currently using 7 inch X 750lb/in springs on the front. To raise the ride height anymore (currently at 4 inch's at chassis and about 3 at the splitter) I need to run a longer spring. At the current setting I am out of threads on the shocks. I can use a 8 inch spring and gain another inch of shock perch adjustment, but the question is: before I buy a new set what are the spring rates you guys are using, how is the car being used (track, street, both) and how is your current rate working for you?

Thanks guys

Howard Jones

Supporter
One more point I learned by talking to Brandon at RCR. I am not sure that I would have any more shock travel even if the spring was longer. I will need to check that. He also said they run 900F and 1000R on the race car. Thank for the help Brandon.

These cars are low. I may just need to learn to live with it. IMHO you need the hyd lifts on a street car. We're luck RCR has them sorted and available.

Still interested in what you guys have done with spring values.

PeteB

GT40s Supporter
What are the stock springs? (I know this has been covered in other threads, but I don't remember)

Howard Jones

Supporter
I'm thinking I can put the 850s that are on the back on the front and buy some 950s for the rear and be a just a bit softer that the #1 Greco car. Saves a bit of money that way.

I swapped to 700lb x 8” rear (upgraded from the 650lb that are standard). The ride quality is good for the street. I think the 750lb springs that Fran recommend would work well too.

Back