KOSO Fuel Level

I have been looking for a 5000 OHM-1/4 watt resistor to work with the KOSO Dash Meter. I have found 1/4w 5100 ohms resistor and a 1/4 w 4.7K ohms resistor. Can any of these work?

I assume you mean the resistor commonly used for making pull down circuit for the tach.

If so, a 1/4W, 5K ohm resistor will work.

Don't use any resistor in the fuel level level circuit- the sender and gauge are designed to work together without any other "help".

My mistake it should have read tach. But the question is the same. Can I use a 5.1K or a 4.7K 1/4 watt resistor? Or can someone tell me where to look for a 5K ohm resistor? Radio Shack and Mouser do not carry them.

Ken Roberts

Supporter
My mistake it should have read tach. But the question is the same. Can I use a 5.1K or a 4.7K 1/4 watt resistor? Or can someone tell me where to look for a 5K ohm resistor? Radio Shack and Mouser do not carry them.

You can add multiple ones together in series to get that total.

You can add multiple ones together in series to get that total.

Or use a 4.7K resistor. The resistance requirement is approximate, so there is a little wiggle room. I am running a 4.7K resistor, and it, and other crate motors that used the same value, have been rock solid for the tach output.

I have run a 10k resistor on my tach. It seems smoother in my opinion.

I was told that there is no 'magic' number and every system is slightly different and may need slight variations from 1k all the way up to 10k.

I have a different unit for my gauges, so YMMV.

Back