Rear Window vents now available for SLC

Rear window vents are available for the SLC, and fit cars with street or race tails (the LeMans doesn't need these), fabricated in your choice of clear-coated carbon fiber, or fiberglass.

Check out the Superlite Cars FB page for pics and details.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Superlite-Cars/187464421283849

Here's a sneak peek:

20150726_125018_zpseoh7wxic.jpg

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Quoted from Facebook.

Now, every SLC with either the race tail or street tail can use these vents to exhaust heat from the engine compartment, and add a dash of style to their car at the same time.
Installation is easy, but you do have to trim your existing window carefully to fit.
Call the factory to order: price is $895 for a set in clear-coated carbon fiber ready to install, or $595 for a set in fiberglass (these need to be prepped and painted)

Thanks Fran for putting that up here once the Canadian dollar is worth more then .10 cents
over there, I will call you :)

Will, I was hoping you could share the source of the forward facing hood scoop that is on the rear clam of your car. If someone knows other options that would be great also. Thank you.

Attachments

• 20150726_125018_zpseoh7wxic.jpg
    20150726_125018_zpseoh7wxic.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 292
Will, I was hoping you could share the source of the forward facing hood scoop that is on the rear clam of your car. If someone knows other options that would be great also. Thank you.

That scoop has a long history, but the short version is that they are available from Molleur, on this site. It's designed for the race tail on the SLC, and isn't, as far as I know, from another car or use. You can PM him for pricing and availability.

Will,

Have you noticed any drop in your temp gauge?

I'm just a couple days from finishing paint and reinstalling my rear window.

Last edited:
Will,

Have you noticed any drop in your temp gauge?

I'm just a couple days from finishing paint and reinstalling my rear window.

I really didn't have enough before-and-after time to have formed a scientific assessment.

But I can report waves of heat coming from them after a short drive. So there is clearly some convective effect!

In your car, they may help evacuate hot radiator air as well, if that is important to you.

The install of the vents themselves is easy, but trimming the window took me some time as I crept up on it slowly. The edges of the vents aren't straight, so you can't just put the window edge on a belt sander- I had to work them carefully by hand with a sanding block. The edges come up quickly, though, and look great.

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Well guys we have now developed these pieces to be able to offer them in
"ready to paint" black fiberglass...
Contact Bob or Brittany at the factory for more info.

I have a set in CF and have decided to paint to match body color. Sooooo. Rather than paint over the CF ..... FOR SALE ! One set of these beautiful CF vents ready to ship TODAY $ 900 to your door. No mark up just what RCR charged. Txt if interested. 440-429-2929
Fran, are the standard fiberglass ones in stock ? LoL

Hi Bob I will take them if you can wait till the Canadian Dollar is close to USD again lol.
$1.33 CAN to $ 1.00 USD is killing us on this side of the border I haven't bought anything in months on Ebay im going through withdrawals lol.

I love the look ! It's more of a $$ thing right now. With two upgraded radiator fans, two intercooler fans, two fuel pumps, intercooler pump, diff pump, and all the other electrical loads ... Yes I have decided to upgrade the alternator on the LSA. Rob peter to pay paul thing ... Would LOVE to keep the CF ones but the green stuff is hard to find lately !:sad:

Back