SLC radiator fans

Howard Jones

Supporter
Didn't somebody juts recommend a different fan(s) (more CFM). I can't find the reference. Could you post the link here please? Thanks

PeteB

GT40s Supporter
Here's the fans Allan recommended: Maradyne Champion Series Electric Fans M122K - Free Shipping on Orders Over $99 at Summit Racing

I just installed them in my SLC. They are very loud, but they work great.

C69CBC0D-3AC8-45A3-80C2-FDEC8D14A703_zpsd2f729yi.jpg

Howard Jones

Supporter
Thanks guys, I took my SLC out in traffic day before yesterday to check on heating. Really bad stop and go for about a 1/2 hour in 101F air temp. Coolant got pretty hot but the pressure held and I didn't loose coolant. About 230F with the fans on. Oil held right at 200F solid.

I can improve the shroud somewhat I think. I want to try that first and then if that doesn't work I'll need to add CFM. I will figure out what CFM we have OEM and go from there.

Anybody know what OEM fans we have?

Pete, did your radiator come with the right side outlet at the top or did you move it. Both of mine are at the bottom.

Howard Jones

Supporter
Question for Fran........you there? Do the SLC radiators that have both inlets and outlets on the bottom have internal baffles to direct the coolant flow from the bottom to the top on one side?

I believe I might have the same or very similar radiator as used on the SLC (Fran shipped me for the Apex). I'm going to use the Maradyne fans as well. I was hoping that someone might share a CAD file of a fan shroud with me. Can someone PM or email the file please.

Back