DBW: Not on ECU Harness

I'm trying to see where to extend the DBW wiring on a 2010 Camaro SS Auto wiring harness. I went with that one, because it uses VVT. I'm assuming the wires are attached to the X102 socket, and I need to pull them from there and run a pigtail to the pedal?

Here is a picture of an unmodified harness
l99-harness.jpg

And here is one modified. Do the wires come out of the X102 socket?

L99-harnes-modified_lq.jpg

True,, but if you look at the unmodified harness on top,, there isn't anything showing what wires to tap off of to use for the DBW setup.

True,, but if you look at the unmodified harness on top,, there isn't anything showing what wires to tap off of to use for the DBW setup.

In your picture, it's the wire set marked "gas pedal".

You don't "tap off" them, you extend the wires. Probably the easiest way for you might be to get an extension harness made up.

The wiki has a full writeup on the topic. Here's the link.

In your picture, it's the wire set marked "gas pedal".

You don't "tap off" them, you extend the wires. Probably the easiest way for you might be to get an extension harness made up.

The wiki has a full writeup on the topic. Here's the link.

I'll give the link a look.

If you notice, the "gas pedal" isn't attached to anything. They had to modify the harness to look like the bottom picture. I'm assuming they pulled out the wires and hooked it up to the plug. I guess the question is,, what wires to I pull out of the harness to extend to the accelerator pedal plug.?

Wait- you are using a cut up harness from another car for your SLC???

You'll need to consult a manual for that car to see where the pedal/ETC wires come out.

Unless VVT is really important to you, I'd use the GMPP harness and find a way to disable the VVT.

Wait- you are using a cut up harness from another car for your SLC???

You'll need to consult a manual for that car to see where the pedal/ETC wires come out.

Unless VVT is really important to you, I'd use the GMPP harness and find a way to disable the VVT.

No that picture is for reference only. The harness I have is brand new.

I think VVT is a bit of an advantage, as it gives you a bit more area under the curve. You can run a bit less aggressive of a cam and have a little more power.

I know it's just six wires (maybe less), just don't where which ones to pull out to attach to the pigtail.

Ken Roberts

Supporter
I might be able to help you when I get home from work. If I have the pin outs for the connectors of a 2010 Camaro it will be easy for me as I built all my SLC wiring from stock GM harnesses.

Ken Roberts

Supporter
So you bought a new or used wiring harness from a 2010 Camaro and you want to make it stand alone? You won't get very far without schematic diagrams and pinouts of all the various connectors. Do you understand that you have to know the pinouts for connector X102 and the large connector "underhood fuseblock X3". A factory service manual for the car is mandatory. You basically must decode all the wires from these two connectors then construct your own standalone fuse panel. Do you know what circuits require ignition power and which circuits require battery power? You need to make fused circuits for the injectors, coils, oxygen sensors, ECM power, starter, fuel pump etc. etc. Can you read and understand schematics? Add in the circuits for control of VVT and you complicate it even more.
There are companies that offer this conversion service if it is too much for you.

Here is the pin assignment for connector X102 (accelerator pedal)

2-Dark Blue (1161) .......................goes to acc pedal "E"
3-White/Black stripe (1164)............goes to acc pedal "F"
4-Brown (1271).............................goes to acc pedal "D"
5-Light Blue (1162)........................goes to acc pedal "B"
6-Tan (1274).................................goes to acc pedal "C"
7-Purple (1272)..............................goes to acc pedal "A"

Last edited:
Thanks Ken.

I haven't really delved into the ISIS system. I'm wondering how "painless" it makes it, for the stuff not covered with the engine harness.

Thanks Ken.

I haven't really delved into the ISIS system. I'm wondering how "painless" it makes it, for the stuff not covered with the engine harness.

one wire to an off/on witch
one wire to item (e.g., fuel pump) +
ground the item (e.g., fuel pump) -

done

So you bought a new or used wiring harness from a 2010 Camaro and you want to make it stand alone? You won't get very far without schematic diagrams and pinouts of all the various connectors. Do you understand that you have to know the pinouts for connector X102 and the large connector "underhood fuseblock X3". A factory service manual for the car is mandatory. You basically must decode all the wires from these two connectors then construct your own standalone fuse panel. Do you know what circuits require ignition power and which circuits require battery power? You need to make fused circuits for the injectors, coils, oxygen sensors, ECM power, starter, fuel pump etc. etc. Can you read and understand schematics? Add in the circuits for control of VVT and you complicate it even more.
There are companies that offer this conversion service if it is too much for you.

Here is the pin assignment for connector X102 (accelerator pedal)

2-Dark Blue (1161) .......................goes to acc pedal "E"
3-White/Black stripe (1164)............goes to acc pedal "F"
4-Brown (1271).............................goes to acc pedal "D"
5-Light Blue (1162)........................goes to acc pedal "B"
6-Tan (1274).................................goes to acc pedal "C"
7-Purple (1272)..............................goes to acc pedal "A"

Thanks for the links. I'm assuming I would have to get a fuse/Relay box for the stuff not covered with the ISIS system.

Fuel Injector Fuse (1,3,5,7)
Fuel Injector Fuse (2,4,6,8)
Ignition Voltage
Powertrain Relay Control
Heated O2 Sensor
Ignition Voltage - MAF

I think the ISIS system takes care and fuse protects the rest (ie, starter, AC, cooling fans). If I am wrong please someone tell me.

Back