Allan's GT-R First start

:thumbsup:

Been watching to see your progress on this, and here it's almost finished already ... totally bitchin', Allan!

Last edited:
Allan, That really looks and sounds great. Looking forward to watching your new build. Will you be making any of the build video's like you did with your SLC? I know that's a lot of work to do and thank you so much for what you have given to this site. Enjoy your new project.

Very nice Alan! I've been waiting to see how this build comes along. You obviously have more experience than most building the SLC. Do you find the build of the GTR fairly similar? Are there any Gotcha moments that future builders should watch out for?

I look forward to following along.

Take care,

Mike

Looking great! What method did you use to attach the shifter to the tunnel?

With the gas tank out of the center tunnel I positioned the shifter, then drilled and tapped into the center tunnel. The aluminum is 1/4" thick there and then used six 1/2' 1/4-20 bolts to hold the shifter in place. Red thread locker and lock washers used also.

Allan, That really looks and sounds great. Looking forward to watching your new build. Will you be making any of the build video's like you did with your SLC? I know that's a lot of work to do and thank you so much for what you have given to this site. Enjoy your new project.

Thanks. I starting making instructional build videos but ran into too much time of me figuring out where to put something or how to route it.

Now that I have that all figured out the next one that I build will have a full start to finish video log.

Very nice Alan! I've been waiting to see how this build comes along. You obviously have more experience than most building the SLC. Do you find the build of the GTR fairly similar? Are there any Gotcha moments that future builders should watch out for?

I look forward to following along.

Take care,

Mike

Have to say it has been the easiest build that I have done. There is a ton of room everywhere but things do get routed differently. Very much like building the SL-C but with a lot more space.
The brake lines run through the center tunnel so make sure to run the lines, tighten all the connections then test them early in the build.

I'm m4d j3lly of how much free space you have in the chassis; in a 917, well, it clears, that's all that matters :idea:
917_clear_zpsu8msmdto.jpg

Ken Roberts

Supporter
Allan due to the increased width of the car are you running dual 12 inch fans?

I wonder if the Holley high ram would fit.

Back