SLCs at LS Fest

PeteB

GT40s Supporter
The SLCs made a great showing at Holley LS Fest (https://www.facebook.com/lsfest). Will won the "Just Because Pick" at the Show 'N Shine and I won the "Grassroots Motorsports Editors Choice" and "Most Improved" awards at the Road Course Challenge. Nitto tires also invited us to park our cars in their booth. I parked mine there Saturday afternoon and all day Sunday. Will was drawing a huge crowd at the Show 'N Shine so he opted to keep his car there.

Show 'N Shine:

Awards:

Nitto Tires booth:
safe_image.php

Lining up for a session at NCM Motorsports Park:
14224913_1186536404736165_4521850826459338847_n.jpg

Congrats Pete. Two awards and a matching hottie for each, not too bad, not too bad at all. :party:

I watched your on track video, what are your impressions and what setup changes do you plan to implement (if any)?

PeteB

GT40s Supporter
Congrats Pete. Two awards and a matching hottie for each, not too bad, not too bad at all. :party:

I watched your on track video, what are your impressions and what setup changes do you plan to implement (if any)?

It handled great, but I was traction limited. I figured out I did better leaving it in 4th gear around the entire track except for the back stretch where I went to 5th. When I downshifted into 3rd to power out of a corner I really had to feather the throttle or I was getting sideways. If I were to get serious about track days, I think I'd need some stickier tires. Oil and trans temps were getting pretty hot, so I'd add coolers for both also.

The car setup was good enough for me, but I don't really know enough to know what changes to make. I haven't corner weighted the car or spent much time really dialing in the brake bias.

LS Fest was great fun, and it was really fun to check out Pete's car in person, as well as meeting another SL-C builder (and his family). It was great to see Pete making build progress on his car, and seeing it on the track brought back memories of the 2011 championship season.

Not only did Pete drive his car on the NCM road course, but he apparently had to perform some emergency wrenching at the Nitto Tires booth, when his alternator stopped alternating. Doing a swap at the show, in the booth, is true car builder stuff!

The marketing folks at Holley interviewed me about my car for 30 minutes or so, and took lots of video. Apparently they are planning to do some kind of feature on their website. If it does transpire, I'll post a link. Unless it makes me look stupid, in which case I'll pretend it never happened. :)

PeteB

GT40s Supporter
It was great meeting you too Will. I'll have to admit, the public wrenching was a bit intimidating.

Back