Front Inner Well Kit - Help wanted

For anyone who has already fitted the front inner fender wells, for the life of me I do not see how these things fit without cutting them to shreds.

The piece by the headlights worked with some trimming. The parts that came pre glued to the front nose (verticals) are not the same width as the inner wells so the wells were cut to fit.

However from the pictures below its the aft piece in combination with the pre-glued verticals that came installed that are my issue. I do not see the fitment picture. Do they also need a significant bit of cutting and trimming?

In my second picture below, you can see my confusion. The vertical pre-glued piece and the aft well part overlap a lot. So I must have something wrong.

A picture or two of your project would go a LONG way....thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0985.JPG
    IMG_0985.JPG
    127.7 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG_0986.JPG
    IMG_0986.JPG
    125.5 KB · Views: 217
Dan,
I do not have these parts but I would guess that the over lap area is covering the gap that exists between the vertical wall and the corresponding wall of the front chassis area. The chassis wall is a little short right at the back upper corner therefore junk would 'climb over the wall' without this overlap.

Ironically, though I created my own well set because there was no factory option then, I had not created this one part and was looking for a solution just yesterday.

Last edited:
See if these help you Dan.

Attachments

• 20161007_160222.jpg
    20161007_160222.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 210
  • 20161007_160238.jpg
    20161007_160238.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 200
  • 20161007_160308.jpg
    20161007_160308.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 239
Jerry

Thanks for the pictures....helps a lot. I will dig more into it on Monday. My nose is down at the shop which is locked up for the weekend. I'm guessing there is some cutting required to get a clean install on that rear piece. It's a bit hard to see the Union of the rear piece and the inside nose piece, but may be clear once I compare to your pics.

Like they say, a picture can be worth a thousand words. May need to give you a shout if I don't figure it out.

Dan

I had the front clip in position on the car. Front wheels removed for working in the wheel well. Offer the curved 'top of wheel pieces' up to clip. Mark and trim until you have a fit to the clip then tack in place with adhesive or body filler. The datum is the rear of the curve to spider and positioned at the front to clear vertical aluminum and pre-installed panel. Remember that the rear of this piece needs to clear the spider when the clip is hinged open. You can permanently attach it with adhesive or laminate onto clip as I have. Laminating is more durable and less prone to the affects of humidity and age. Have fun!

Back