SLC first start

ahh, the joy of first start ... will it start or will it grenade :laugh:

but it's too quiet - get rid of the mufflers =)

John - I had the hushpower mufflers on mine, I liked them and they allowed me not loose hearing (ear damage) and don't rob HP. That gauge cluster you have - I like, wish I knew about that back when. Tillet's look good, fit in the car and if they fit your body - you'll like them.

I didn't know the crate 525 came fuel injected.... time marches on.

What color scheme are you going with.

-- Mike

HCF - John

Gearbox / Brake Systems
John - I had the hushpower mufflers on mine, I liked them and they allowed me not loose hearing (ear damage) and don't rob HP. That gauge cluster you have - I like, wish I knew about that back when. Tillet's look good, fit in the car and if they fit your body - you'll like them.

I didn't know the crate 525 came fuel injected.... time marches on.

What color scheme are you going with.

-- Mike

Hi Mike,
Just saw your message - Happy Thanksgiving!

It'll be painted red pearl with matte black undersides... think that will turn out really nice with the fender vents and black accents on the car.

On the motor - yeah 525 is efi just like the 480. It's really the same hardware with the exception of the cam... different tune, as well.

Allan opted for one in his GT-R as well... says he loves it. Think GM must have improved it's tune on the 525 from the early motors.

I'll send you a video when I get the car down here. Hope to find the Graziano + drop gears and 525 motor prove to be a sweet setup for street and track

make sure you dyno tune it. The GM tune is good for getting it going and driving around generally, but sucks balls for actual power. I picked up 30rwhp and 70rwhp on my sl-c and 917 respectively from a dyno tune over the gmpp 525 tune (although only my slc used the 525 motor; 917 uses a built katech motor so it's probably not the best comparator in this case)

Back