Need Advise on Door/Body Fitment Approach

For those of you who have already completed your body/door fitment take a look at these two pictures. These are my driver and passengers doors from the rear looking forward. Everything is relaxed (nothing tied down yet).

Note the larger gap on the driver door. It this more of a door problem or a body problem? aka Where do I spend more time to close that gap?

Thanks

Attachments

• DSC02797.jpg
    DSC02797.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 276
  • DSC02798.jpg
    DSC02798.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 271
Dan..

Seeing both of those photographs I would say that the rear of your roof panel need to get jacked up slightly. I don't think that will fix the left-hand door though.

Do you have insulation between the firewall and spider? I had gaps like your right hand door. But after I put a strip of the slow expanding insulation on the spider and set it back down, life was good. I'd guess your spider has been sitting for a while unsupported. True?

Hi Dan do you have the fiberglass rear interior panel, The one that goes in behind the seats in place ? mine did the same thing till that panel was installed. It has to be place before fitting your doors. It changes the roof profile big time.

Cheers,

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies. I was playing around and stuck a 2x4 under the rear body section on that side, and it lifted the body up to the door. It was more than I expected, but as you all have indicated, I have some body lifting and support adjusting to do. I will take a look at the suggested approaches as well as a look at elevator bolts at strategic points.

Back