Car Cover recommendations

Anyone buy a car cover for your SLC? What did you get?

I just bought a car cover a month ago. I measureed my SLC's length/width and then compared the dimensions to other mid-engine cars. The NSX is a similar size. I ordered a Cover Craft "general fit"for a NSX for about $150.

It fully covers the car, but it is a bit snug. I like it snug so it doesn't flap in the wind outside.

BTW, I have a SLC with the street tail and no wing.

I have a cover from a 96 Impala SS (!) that a friend gave me. I put it on the car for fun one day and it actually fit OK, so I take it with me on trips with the car if I think there is a chance it could rain. My car is a race tail with a factory high-mount wing.

Pete- you may have seen it on the car at LS Fest, as I had it on Saturday night when the storm blew through. With the sides staked to the ground, it stayed on all night through some heavy wind and rain.

That said, I would be in for a custom-fit cover. But there are so many variations of the SLC (street tail, street tail with a wing, race tail with the low wing setup, race tail with the high wing setup, Le Mans, etc) that a truly custom fit is probably just that- a cover made for one specific car.

Apparently, there is at least one company that will scan your car and create a custom cover based on the scan. I've thought about that, but the cost is pretty high (well over $1,000, IIRC).

PeteB

GT40s Supporter
Thanks for the info guys. I've got the street tail with no wing, so I'll try an NSX cover.

Here are some PICs of the NSX cover on my SLC (with the hippo mirrors).

Attachments

• IMG_5417.jpg
    IMG_5417.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 285
  • IMG_5416.jpg
    IMG_5416.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 281
Last edited:
Back