Dakota Digital users

Gents

Many of you are using the Dakota Digital GPS module to feed the GM ECU a speed signal. Did You:

1. Connect to speed one or speed two?
2. Which pulse frequency did you select?

Thanks

PeteB

GT40s Supporter
I used Speed Output 1 for the speedometer and Speed Output 2 for the ECU. I set the pulses on the DD unit to 128000. On the KOSO, I used 25 sensor points and 310mm tire diameter. With these settings, the ECU reading is a bit high, but it was close enough to work.

Pete

Thanks for chiming in. I raised the question based on feedback I got from Dakota Digital. They agree with the 128 pulse setting, but suggested speed one. I had read in your build thread that you first tried speed one, then went to speed 2 instead, I believe. My speedo is GPS from an independent system, so getting something to the ECU is my concern.

Were you able to verify your ECU is receiving the speed signal from Dakota?

If memory serves me, you have the LS3 /480 ????? Did you/are you experiencing low speed bucking any longer?

PeteB

GT40s Supporter
When I put the DD unit in test mode, it sends a 60mph signal, and the ECU is reading 75mph.

I've got the LS376/480. I haven't had any bucking issues, but I have had stalling issues. A custom tune and the DD unit solved the stalling issue.

Based on feedback from Pete and Allan, they experienced success by feeding the GM ECU from Speed 2 and using the 128k pulse setting.

For future builders, highly suggest you too use this configuration if using the Dakota Digital GPS 50-2 to feed speed signals to the GM ECU.

In addition, a good tune also seems to be the thing to do to eliminate LS3 engine surging (if you experience it).

Thanks to the team for sharing. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back