Glad to be here!

Hey guys, my name is Tres and I'm new to the forum. I'm thinking about building an SLC but I've never seen one in person.

Did any of you guys build this car without having seen one or did you visit Superlite Cars in person?

Stephan E.

Supporter
Welcome to the Clubhouse,

I went to Detroit to visit RCR to make sure I'll fit the SLC, to see the available options first hand, to discuss transaxle and to chose the width of my seats. To exercise ingress and egress as well. Was nice to meet Vicki, Fran and Kristen and to see the factory. Was definitely the right thing to do for me.

I had a gentleman here yesterday who reached through the forum to check out my kit to see if the SLC suits him. I was just informed that he is going to RCR in two weeks doing what I did.

Cheers,
Stephan

Last edited:

PeteB

GT40s Supporter
No way I would spend that kinda coin without seeing one in person. It's well worth talking to a few builders in person also.

There are a few in Dallas if you're ever down here. We'd be glad to let you check them out.

That would be great! I'll actually be in Dallas from March 16th to the 18th for a pinball festival. It would be awesome to check one out.

I've been emailing back and forth with a member local to the DFW area to go see his car but we haven't connected yet. I'm in the same boat as you - no way I'm spending that sort of cash without seeing one in person.

Chris,
Maybe we can all get together when Tres comes to town.
If not, let me know when you're around. Be glad to show you mine in progress. It's not quite done yet though.

D. Nye

Lifetime Supporter
John, I hope you have it finished by the first weekend in April. I want to see your car in San Marcos.

Michael Fling

Supporter
Hey guys, my name is Tres and I'm new to the forum. I'm thinking about building an SLC but I've never seen one in person.

Did any of you guys build this car without having seen one or did you visit Superlite Cars in person?

I am in Edmond, OK. Come visit.

Joel K

Supporter
Welcome to the Clubhouse,

I went to Detroit to visit RCR to make sure I'll fit the SLC, to see the available options first hand, to discuss transaxle and to chose the width of my seats. To exercise ingress and egress as well. Was nice to meet Vicki, Fran and Kristen and to see the factory. Was definitely the right thing to do for me.

I had a gentleman here yesterday who reached through the forum to check out my kit to see if the SLC suits him. I was just informed that he is going to RCR in two weeks doing what I did.

Cheers,
Stephan

Hi Stephan,

Definitely took your advice and scheduled a trip to go see the factory on March 7th. A small cost to incur in order to help make a good decision on which kit car and options to purchase.

Fran will have a car setup for a talł driiver so I can get a sense if the SLC is for me. Also getting a chance to see the optional components will make the trip worth it.

Thanks again for taking the time to show me your car.

Back