Underbody coatings

What have folks used to coat the undersides of their bodies? I’m looking to try and quiet down any rock or wind generated noise. Same stuff for the wheel well liners and general bodywork? Or different based on location?

Thanks,
Cam

PeteB

GT40s Supporter
I used Rhinoliner on most of it. Bought some Por-15 bed liner after I ran out of Rhinoliner. The POR-15 stuff is pretty good too.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Look into Raptor liner... it can be tinted just about any color also..

I too used lizard skin on the metal. Used Raptor as undercoat for fiberglass. Raptor brushes or rolls very easily.

Sprayed the lizard skin.

This Raptor stuff looks pretty good! How much did you use? Why roll on vs spray? Most of the videos I’ve seen show people spraying the coating on. One or two layers? Can you throw a few pics up showing texture? What did you do for fiberglass prep? Just sand with some 40-60grit then wipe down with acetone?

Thanks,
Cam

Cam

No prep for underside of glass, just air cleaned it Since underside is rough anyway, don’t expect a smooth finish, it is thin enough to conform to glass but not thick like some bed liners. It was cleaner to brush it on because I didn’t want this stuff everywhere....it won’t come off. I only needed one coat...it tacks up quickly so I mixed half bottle at a time. If you do the last brush strokes in one dirction after it’s applied it tends to smooth over very nicely and you really don’t see brush marks. Makes the bonnet underside very finished looking. I went ahead and did the underside of ALL body parts even if it won’t be seen. One box (4 bottles) did my entire car then some.

The entire Raptor kit is about 8lbs of material. All total with sound deadening, I don't think I added more than about 20 to 25 lbs in material. Since I'm not a race car, the extra weight is worth the added protection and sound deadening.

Back