Mounting E-stopp braking system on an SLC

Joel K

Supporter
Based on the various build threads I have read it looks like the preferred location to mount the E-stopp electronic braking system is along the outer drivers side frame rail.

Wondering if after the car is built and the body is on, how would you service it?

Do builders make the floor pans on the outside of the frame removable?

Just trying to get my Build ideas down so when the kit comes I have a sense for how to approach things.

Thanks for your input.

Joel

Michael Fling

Supporter
Based on the various build threads I have read it looks like the preferred location to mount the E-stopp electronic braking system is along the outer drivers side frame rail.

Wondering if after the car is built and the body is on, how would you service it?

Do builders make the floor pans on the outside of the frame removable?

Just trying to get my Build ideas down so when the kit comes I have a sense for how to approach things.

Thanks for your input.

Joel

Make an access panel...

http://www.gt40s.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=90532&d=1525744875

Joel K

Supporter
Thanks Michael,

I put a little brain power into the subject and I came up with the following. Mount the e-stopp and the two into one cable bracket on a 1/4" aluminum L-angle rod however long it needs to be like 24-30".

Then attach the whole assembly to the bottom of the rear of the driver outside floor pan using countersunk screws through the bottom into the L-angle. Since all the stress/pressure would be on the bracket where the e-stopp and cable bracket is just securing with 4-6 countersunk screws should do the trick.

Then if I had to service the unit:

1) Take the side skirt off
2) Remove the countersunk screws and slide the whole assembly out toward the rear wheel.
3) I would think if you removed the rear wheel you could slide the who assembly out.

Since I don't have the car yet, not sure if this will work but this is one approach I came up with.

Joel

Back