Superperformance Monocoque

Type of connection

• No, because I prefer spaceframes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
With the immense hype about the possible sale of a Superperformance GT40 Monocoque for $50k would you buy one?

In the UK at least, with the fabulous SPF Daytona Coupe selling over here at £83,000 after all customs duties, VAT etc, as well as the middlemen taking their cut, there can be no way that this car will come anywhere near $50k/£30k. When it does come to the UK, I'll be surprised if you will get change out of $130k (or more).

Rob

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
This poll is specious....the choices do not allow one to select the car if it is OVER 50K. Also, it is "Superformance", not "SuperPERformance"

I find the choice of "all talk and no action" rather rude....SPF has not announced the car to the public themselves, it has only been done via third parties. "Meat" announced a new GT40 and Shelby continues to claim they will build $39,995.00 Cobras but no one rags on them here because they have not done so yet!

If the car comes in at $60,000, would a correct monocoque be any less of a value and would it still not be beyond the offerings to date?

I for one, am glad to hear of the new $17,500 kit from RCR and see plenty of room in the market for whatever type of car the buyers want.
I just find it somewhat strange that someone needs to trash on SPF for a product that they are not yet selling, have not taken deposits for and have not even announced officially..

But, hey, that's just my thought... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
Rick

Hi Rick,

I agree - it's best sometimes to keep your cards close to the vest. I've been a part of this forum for over a year now but due to all of the importation hurdles bringing the MDA cars to North America - I'd sooner keep my mouth shut until I have everything sorted, hence the sparse news I've been afforded to give. Better to have all of the facts then to defend ones' self against a barrage of ill-informed rumours powered by perception as to what is and isn't.

Let the builders be and speak for themselves. Speculation is just that... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Back