Superformance Ford GT MkII

hi Guy's

go to this link for the first photo's of the car
www.superformance.com/news.aspx
I will be posting more photo's over the next few weeks.
I would like to congratulate the teem at Superformance for a very well turned out and accurate car.

Regards
Chris.

Ron Earp

Admin
$65k will buy one, plus a few k for options, figure $71k USD. How that translates into UK Pounds is always the interesting question!!!! If the past is any guide then it'll translate into about 71,000 Pounds. Very, very, nice car, I might need one!

The superformance coupe was shown on uk tv last night (5th gear). Quoted as costing 65k GBP, which as you say Ron is probably equivalent to 65k USD /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

when I ordered mine there weren't too many options. My price came in at $66k delivered to the LA area. I am please to see the details! I am anxious to see my car!

Mike

Do you think that these will be steadily available or will there be a year or two wait to take delivery?

Ron Earp

Admin
John, that seems to plague a lot of products, not just GT40s or Coupes. You can drive right down the road from me and get a Daytona Coupe for $63k, there is one in stock. But for some funny reason when the same car gets sold in the UK the price basically doubles. Happened to CAVs as I recall a couple of years ago too. I hope the GT40 doesn't suffer the same fate.

SPF GT READY TO FLY

Port Elizabeth, South Africa. May 10th, 2005

SPF GT 001 - the first production Superformance GT - touched down in Amsterdam today on the first leg of the journey to its international debut.

Bleary eyed engineers, who have been working round the clock to complete the first car in time for its scheduled departure from the plant, are proud of the results of the painstaking detail and effort that has gone into creating this authentic replica of the GT 40 Mk II that finished first, second and third in the grueling 24 Hours at Le Mans in 1966.

The first of a half dozen units in various stages of completion on the new GT assembly line at HiTech Automotive’s South African plant, the gleaming, titanium and black SPF GT 001 will be followed by two more component vehicles to come off line in May, after which production will progressively be stepped up to a total of six units a month.

Four years in development, the SPF GT replicates one of the most famous American race cars of the 20th Century. With careful attention to finite detail, the SPF GT does not pretend to be anything else but an exact replica of the road going version of the original. It is the only assembly line produced replica of the original GT 40 that incorporates an original style monocoque chassis, including a pressed steel roof.

In developing the SPF GT, the Hi-Tech engineers went to such lengths to ensure absolute authenticity, that more than 90% of the vehicle’s parts are interchangeable with the original car – including the chassis.

Soon to follow is the Mk I version of the SPF GT. Demand is already exceeding the expected supply of both versions, and the order rate will dictate whether production will be stepped up next year.

Full technical specifications and detailed graphics of the detailed features of the SPF GT – virtually all developed and crafted in the Hi-Tech plant – will be posted in “serial” form on Superformance’s web site www.superformance.com.

Doc,

I was told that once mine starts, it will be 100 days to delivery. I am S/N 20 - I am told to expect mine before the end of the year.

I was also told they will ramp to 6 a month in about 3 months.

Mike

[ QUOTE ]
Doc,

I was told that once mine starts, it will be 100 days to delivery. I am S/N 20 - I am told to expect mine before the end of the year.

I was also told they will ramp to 6 a month in about 3 months.

Mike

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you believe them?

yes I do. However, if they want to take longer I am okay with that - I think the finished product will be worth the wait.

They have met every milestone so far and are on schedule. They have a large capacity to build cars...

Mike

Left hand dash

Attachments

• 57416-SPFDash.jpg
    57416-SPFDash.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 3,511

Jim Pearson

Lifetime Supporter
[ QUOTE ]
The superformance coupe was shown on uk tv last night (5th gear). Quoted as costing 65k GBP, which as you say Ron is probably equivalent to 65k USD /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

John,

I think the price they quoted for the Daytona Coupe was 85k GBP. If so, quite an increase on the 63k USD quoted by Ron.

Jim

Here is the steel roof for the SPF GT
Now that's what I call a pressing!

Attachments

• 57424-SPFRoof.jpg
    57424-SPFRoof.jpg
    783.1 KB · Views: 3,462
Back