Any Superformance GT40s Out Yet?

John B

Temp Selling Pass
Non have been delivered in the USA. It is the HURRY UP ORDER... PAY YOUR MONEY... AND WAIT 2 YEARS.

I was at the open house for HillBank Motors over the weekend and talked to Lance. I think they are taking over Superformance. The factory is closed for the year end. His demo car is shipping after some tweaks when the factory reopens. It should be in California in February. They gave me some digital photos of the Dutch demo car. One of them is a shot of the track testing. Lance mentioned that the testing went very well with the GT40 posting faster times than the Noble. Not sure what package is in the demo they tested.

He also mentionend that they did a group buy on RBT trans and will pass a savings along to us.

Oliver, for clarification, there is no hurry to order, not a very large deposit, and the wait has been less than two years if it delivers anytime in 2006. It has been a nice buying experience so far, considering the complexity of the new product

Mike

John B

Temp Selling Pass
When I was giong to place my order, they wanted 25% down $20,000, if I order now, they stated it will be a 1 1/2 year wait because of a cancellation and I would slide in their spot. If I wait, the salesman told me a 2 year wait realisticly. So unless you have some new info, we will just have to wait to see how long one will be deliverd in the USA. I know of one person that has been waiting 6 month already. This is information I recieved. I hope they will deliver sooner for the customer...However, manafacturers will say anything to place an order.
They have a great car and it will be worth the wait if their delivery times are realistic. One thing for sure is that once these cars start rolling of the lot the demand for used ZF's will go up due to supply and demand. Alot of people are buying from RBT which is great.... They too will go up once everybody starts getting their car. I would bet that they will be pushing over 9,000.00 for a trans axle.

regards oliver

Regards
oliver

John B

Temp Selling Pass
Thanks ron for the Thread. I guessed wright regards to delivery times. After they get tooled up and considering the other hurdles...I't will be at least 1 1/2 to 2 years..

Oliver

the nice thing for me is they are now 10 minutes from my house...yippee.

Oliver, it doesn't bother me to wait...they will build it faster and better than I could. I am in year five of my aircraft build and have about 4 months to go (prep for paint). I don't need another multi-year project. I am playin checkbook cowboy on this one.

They are supposed to ramp to 12 cars per month as they built a duplicate set of tooling Lance said. I would imagine the lead times will get below your estimate once backlog is satisfied.

I was quoted $9800 direct from RBT; Lance mentioned a $1500 group buy discount. Not sure what the bottom line is. But I do know that is what I will use.

I know someone that just waited 3+ years for a P 550 Spyder replica from a company that builds them for the last 8+ years. Waiting a year or two for a new product of this complexity does not seem out of line to me.

I placed my order in February and at that time put down 10k that is fully refundable should I decide to back out before production. I put another 15k down when I was given a production slot confirmation by the factory; again, fully refundable. I have 25k to place when the production order is finalized and the roller is shipped, and the balance (aqbout 10k) upon delivery and my inspection signoff. All moneys are refundable after the production begins if the car is taken by a replacement buyer.

Normal lead time is quoted as 100 days after start of the car down the production path. I think this comes with their experience on the MKIII product.

Boy, that Brock Coupe sure is nice looking...

Mike

Mike C., I can see it's worth the wait, only $35 for a turnkey.I wish I had known they were going to be so good a price before I ordered my RF.

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Oliver,
You decided that a Superformance was not for you, you made a choice based upon the information that you had on hand and ordered a different (yet VERY desireable car)...why do you need to comment upon a car you did not order nor have any investment in?

Sure some SPF GT people have had orders in for more than 6 months...they ordered BEFORE production started. And they knew so. They are now ramping up production and will deliver to the early buyers in the not too distant future, buyers, who by the way have been kept appraised of the progress by their dealer. Dealers who relay information to their customers, not via public boards, but by direct communication with THEIR CUSTOMER!

There are several manufacturers who could learn from this model.....underpromise and overdeliver. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I love this site but I am always amazed at how some guys will "bus roll" a person or company that they have NO direct connection to either as a customer or as a principal.

Guess I just don't "get it".

Rick /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/soapbox.gif

One person I spoke with at SAAC in Mich (July 04) had placed an order just prior for a SPF. I believe he said the deposite at that time was only 5k - 10k. So it would appear they have been accepting orders for over 1.5 years. He ended up going another route as posted on this site earlier this year.

Actually, Wheels331, the turnkey isn't $35K. The roller is $65K, actually $70K with all taxes, delivery, etc. I'm hoping I can get mine on thev road for under $90K, but it's going to be tight. It's great to hear that there is a price break on the ZF. That will help. Now if Jack Roush would shave off a few dollars....

I'm hoping mine will get here by late summer, which will make an 18 month wait. As Mike said, considering the complexity of the car that's very good. Nice also to hear that the car outperformed the Noble. A guy I race with has a Noble M400 and everyone raves about its performance and finish. (also built by High Tech in SA)

John B

Temp Selling Pass
Guys, I'm not trying to be negitive..As you read, people have already been waiting a long time...No big deal as long as the customer is aware of the times. As for RBT discount...I think someone told a fib...Normal purchase of of transaxle was around $8,500.00 from RBT...I think they did the normal mark up and put it on sale switcheroo...Unless, the prices went up as I expect when the demand goes up due to lack of good used ZF's. If so, snatch them up by RBT quick because when RCR and SPF start delivering, the price will go up...

Regads oliver

Ps. IF anybody is looking for a already rebuilt ZF ready to go for the GT40, send me a p.m...You wont beat my price! I sold both O1E 6 speeds and the customers were very happy.

John B

Temp Selling Pass
The tranaxle I bought is being fitted into my RF as I write this. The other one is a friend of mine that asked to sell it. I was going to buy his but the one on ebay came up first for a great price.
However fran, with your great connections, like the O1E 6 speeds you surly can get far less exspensive than for what I can sell my friends for. By the way, One of your customers bought one of my O1E's and is very happy. If your interested in the ZF, give me a PM and I will give further detail..

regards

Oliver

no fib on the RBT quote for ZF unless they misquoted me directly. I talked to Butofoy (sp) directly.

My math was off on the SPF though at the final balance will be 15k upon inspection for a total of 65k delivered. The payment scheme would be 10k, 15k, 25k, 15k in my case.

I can understand that some don't want to wait. I have no problem doing so.

Hi guys
Here is an update on the Superformance GT.
I visited the factory at the beginning of the month and tested chassis #002. The first car that was shown at Carlisle was #001. The car sent to Europe was built out of sequence and is actually #013.
#002 was fitted with a carburetted 402 cu.in Roush with the RBT transaxle.
Over the last ten years I have been involved with most of Superformances offerings and this car is by far the best right off the bat. Unforunately the whole process has taken longer than we had anticipated. Taking a race car and making it "user friendly" for the street is not that easy. Also getting the whole production set up to run like a production line takes time. It is actually easier just building a one-off.
All the dealer demo cars are built and will ship shortly after the factory re-opens in January. A few minor changes that we found during testing will be done.
We did a lot of street driving on bumpy back roads to check shock and spring combinations and general road feel. Suprisingly the car is a lot quieter and cooler inside than expected. This was without use of the AC.
We have managed to gain some more interior room by moving the steering column up slightly and playing with different seat designs. I am 6'2" and my knees clear the dash and my head has 1" of clearence.
Getting the correct brake feel has also been a bit of a trick. We changed to smaller master cylinders and are now matcing pads to suit.
Out of the box corner crossweights were within 10 lbs. The test car came in at 2440 lbs with a 40% front and 60% rear bias. (15 gallons of fuel)
Track testing revealed a lot. The car is neutral with power induced oversteer available if needed. We ran a Noble M400 as a chase car and the only place the Noble was better was under braking. This we are working on. The Noble was on Pirelli Corsa tires and the GT40 was using stock Yokohama Avid ST's.
Chassis production is speeding up as they do more. Currently there are 14 done.
We are busy with the MK1 body work (Narrow body) and should start on a wide body rear in February. The first customer chassis are done and will go onto the line in January. We expect the first customer cars to ship by the end of February.
As soon as we have more I will let you know.
Merry Christmas
Dennis.

John B

Temp Selling Pass
Dennis,

Very nice update with SPF. I have 1 question. Were the weight with a 302 or a 427 block...and was the car weighed with a person in the car or empty...I asked this because the car sounds a little heavy...I could be wrong. I'm not sure what other car weights come in at...However it really does'nt matter because it a road car and not a full blown racer...I was just curious.

regards oliver

Dennis,

Thanks for the update! Doug actually sent me a couple of pics of you testing the car and it sure looks good.......I'm happy to hear they are coming with the Mach I, much sooner now, as I for one would be more interested in that version than the Mach II.

One last question I have is, how is the ownership change of Superformance, in the U.S., going to affect the dealer network here? Will there be more dealers and do you still have to purchase from a specific dealer, based on where you live, or will it open up to any SPF dealer?

Again, thanks for the update, as I know your personal testing will go a long way with the performance of this new GT40!

Back