Superformance Information

Re: Superformance

Ron,

I got 2 calls from Bob Schultz from Hillbank Motor Corp yesterday with update information regarding the Mk1 & Mk2 GT40s.

Bob indicated they will be landing a Mk1 at their location in Irvine, CA soon. He did indicate it will be a LHD center shift car. He also indicated Superformance will build a RHD car, but both the RHD and LHD cars will have a center shift.

Hillbanks link is: Hillbank Motor Corporation for those that wish to contact them about it.

Gary Kadrmas
Owner of CSX-2075 for over 33 years

Ron Earp

Admin
Re: Superformance

Gary Kadrmas said:
Ron,
. He also indicated Superformance will build a RHD car, but both the RHD and LHD cars will have a center shift.

That really is too bad in my opinon. They've done to great trouble to make this GT40 the most accurate GT40 replica produced with respect to original design, as well as quality, and I think they have done so by a huge margin. But they won't produce a proper right hand drive right hand shift car.

I hope that changes because for a lot of folks, myself included, it is a deal breaker. One can debate the relative merits of LHD/RHD all day, but there is a group of folks who won't have it any other way but RHD/RHS.

Ron

Hear, hear!!
If you are going to make an accurate car.... make it accurate.
Changes to people's taste can be manufactured later. Show us what you can do.

Hi
The Superformance car is available with the sill shift.
We will post photos in the next few days.

We have 3 cars in the order bank already with RHD and sill shift.
The first car is a Emberglo MK2 due to ship end of January.

Hope this clears up the confusion
Dennis.

Ron Earp

Admin
Hi Dennis,

That is good to know the cars will be available in that configuration. It would indeed be a shame to build a GT40 without right hand drive and right hand shift, of course, that is IMHO. When you guys have a right hand drive right hand shift down at the shop to look at let me know.

Best,
Ron

Dennis,

When you say "We have 3 cars in the order bank already with RHD and sill shift. The first car is a Emberglo MK2 due to ship end of January."........

....Are you saying Superformance is constructing this configuration from the factory, or are you getting these cars in the RHD configuration, and then redoing the shift location to the sill?

When I talked to Bob from Hillbank, he said the sill shift was not available. I sure do not want to post anything that is not accurate.

Thanks for the information. I am sure many of us out there would appreciate how you were able to get a RHD/RHS car.

Gary

We are doing the first two RH Sill shift conversions here in the next few weeks, using original gearshift parts made in the UK. FRANK

As stated on an earlier thread both the MK1 and the MK11 are available in Left and Right Hand Drive. You can also order both with the optional sill shifter (cable operated) and the RHD can also be optioned with the rod operated, original style shifter for those that want them.

Hello Hi-Tech Auto,

I find it interesting that Hillbank is not aware of the options for the RHD/Sill mounted shift option. Please do not misunderstand me, but did you obtain this information directly from Superformance, and when?

This information changes my whole outlook for my selection of a GT40. Would you be able to list the cost of the RHD/RHS option?

Thank you in advance for sharing this information.

Gary Kadrmas

Steve C

Steve
GT40s Supporter
Garry....Hi-Tech IS the Superformance factory in South Africa ( they are the sourc!).......Steve SPF GT40 P2125

Hi Gary, contact Lance Stander the CEO of SPF and he will give you the info you require as well as put you in touch with your nearest dealer. Steve is correct in that Hi-Tech is the factory that supplies SPF. Try 714-330 3297 for Lance. We have only recently released the original type shifter and that is why you probably were not offered it. Please accept our apologies.

Back