Optional Rear Widths and Wheels

I am in the process of ordering a Superformance GT40 1075 car. I am also wanting to go with 14" wide rear wheels but am not sure if they will fit under the widest rear that Superformance is going to make. Although the dealer has been extremely helpful, I have not gotten a yes or no answer since the widest rear has not been made yet. Does anyone know if 15" tall x14" wide wheels will fit? Also, it is my understanding that the 1075 car also had a 1" flare on the front, is the Superformance car going to have the wider front as well?

NSXER
I can tell you that the track dimension (Hub to Hub) was 56", BRM wheels are 14" wide with a 5.75" backspacing. I would think you would have a width of around 72.5" at the rim, and add something like 1" to each side to allow for tire bulge past the rim..maybe more depending on the tire. So to answer your question I would allow something like 76 or 77" of width inside the rear deck...pretty wide. If you look at the Gulf bodywork it is really wide to accomodate this setup. I have 14" wide wheels with the same backspacing, and they come within 3/4" of the links on the suspension, so thats probably the practical limit more or less.
Cheers
Phil

Back