Superformance For Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Superformance Delivery Times

My Superformance GT 40 is for sale for MSRP plus $2,500 for my time and trouble.

Monza red with white stripe, Gurney bubble, brand new with C of O.

It is in stock and available for immediate delivery, can arrange delivery in the US no problem and at reasonable cost. current delivery 6 months or more.

Decided to order an FIA right hand drive.

[email protected]

So the $2500 over MSRP is because the wait will be a little shorter? Don't take that as rude or anything I am just trying to figure out why somebody would pay the extra money as opposed to just getting one on their own.

EDIT: Also, MKI or MKII?

Gregg

Gregg
Lifetime Supporter
lwdent, I was unaware that Superformance made the final decision to do the FIA car. Do you have some inside info?

Gregg said:
lwdent, I was unaware that Superformance made the final decision to do the FIA car. Do you have some inside info?

I can find no specific reference to an "FIA" GT40; all of them (originally) were built to the FIA spec in place at the time, no?

I know that at some point the Mk I GT40 was reclassified as a 'production' car and raced in Group 4, whereas the Mk IV etc. were prototypes. Perhaps this is what he means?

In any case, I have heard from numerous sources that Jimmy will be making the Mk 1 car in three different styles--generally reflecting the early, narrow configuration, the medium-width that most of us are familiar with (and that most other makers i.e. CAV also use), as well as the ultra-wide configuration used in 1969 by the Gulf team (and others), and commonly called the 'Gulf' body.

To date, I have see no evidence of either the early or late body styles, only the intermediate style. Adrian Newey's mechanics told me that SPF splashed a mold from his body a few days after the Goodwood Revival a couple of years ago (good thing too, since Newey so comprehensively smashed his car to bits at the Le Mans Classic this year) :(

I would love to hear some Straight Poop from Jimmy about the various Mk 1 offerings, to include technical information (what wheels/tires will be offered with the three body styles, each of which originally had different-sized wheels/tires? The early cars mostly ran on wire wheels, the intermediate cars used Mk II-style Halibrands, the later intermediate and all the Gulf-style cars used BRM), taillight style (the narrow and many of the intermediate tails used four taillights, while the later intermediate and all the wide "Gulf" tails used two, larger taillights), pricing, anticipated availability dates, and etc. and so forth.

Jimmy?

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
I think you will find that it is not "Jimmy" (Jim Price, Hi-Tech owner and operator) posting under the Hi-Tech handle, rather it is Lance, the US distributer. However he is quite plugged into the factory and can provide the real story as to what is available.
Rick

Hi Rick, I finally did give in and am posting on this site. Besides having decided many years ago not to post anywhere, even under provocation, I started enjoying the community on this site and recently registered. I had seen where other manufacturers were able to clear up some technical details about their products to the benefit of all and felt that we should do the same for our owners. Regards

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Jimmy,
Sorry...I just assumed that it was not you!

Welcome to a semi-troll frre site! Ron works hard to keep this site "on track" and friendly....and it shows!
Regards,
Rick

Ron Earp

Admin
Hi lwdent, there is a cars for sell forum that this should be posted in, not the Superformance Discussion Forum.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back