Alternator Clearance Issue

Anyone know if Hi-Tech has addressed the issue on the SPE GT 40 re the alternator hitting the cockpit panel when a Roush engine is installed that has the alternator and AC comp. mounted at the lower right of engine?

Also, I am interested in issues others have had with the supplied trans brackets for the shift cables on the ZF-2.

Thanks for any help.

Trond,

I have a question. Does the alternator come into contact with the bulkhead (cockpit wall) when idling or under normal driving. If not can a change in motor mounts be made ie, different limiters allowing less travel of the rubber mounts or maybe a poly motor mount.

I'm assuming with the roush motor your using the roush serpantine belt system and if so can the alternator be adjusted down and use a slightly longer belt?

My car should be here in May and yours is not the first I've heard of this problem. I'd just like to have a fix before the car arrives.

BTW a large part of my family still lives in Norway. Where abouts are you?

Regards
Rich.

I think Rich is on the right track here. My Mangusta had the same problem with pulleys making contact under hard acceleration. I rebuilt the motor mounts to use a through-bolt and an anti-uplift cushion and the problem went away. I'm sure Dennis Olthoff is on top of this one.

Back