Period Correct Decals

Anyone aware of an outfit that carries period-correct racing decals? As my SPF GT40 Mk I's arrival looms in the not-too-distant horizon, I'm trying to balance a schizophrenic desire for both a subdued road car and a dressed-up 'boy-racer' Gulf-style track car. It seems to me that perhaps static-cling decals, not unlike wash-off tattoos, might provide a perfect solution.

Has anyone had success in finding someone with an appropriate assortment of GT40-appropriate decals and correctly sized rondels with numbers, both static-cling and standard sticky-backed vinyl?

Thanks,

Kim

Hi Kim,

I spent over 50 hours re-creating a ton of period correct decals (GT40 and others) in hi-performance vinyl film which is fuel and solvent proof and can last over 8-10 years. (I may offer static cling if the demand is high enough).

Visit my website at RACELINE DIGITAL Boat Graphics and Boat Lettering - Your Graphics SUPERCHARGER and click on the "Vintage Racing Decal" bar on the left side of the page. We have sold many since the release, including those to SPF owners with excellent feedback.

Hope that helps-

Chris

Hi Chris:

I would like to get a pair of static cling Scuderia Filipenetti shields. I imagine the demand for these won't be sufficient for you to offer them, though. Tell me it's not true.

Tom

Chris:

Great stuff on the website! I just ordered a bunch of vintage GT40 decals from you and will add them to all the other items that now just need the car to show up. I'll wait for the static cling rondels & numbers.

One decal I didn't see was custom driver name decals for the door. I'm looking for the kind that have the national flag to the left of the driver's name, probably in a simple, white, all caps, 'san serif' font. You have any leads for that?

Kim

Hi Tom,

I have the Scuderia Filipenetti shields made and could easily set them up for static cling application. If you want a pair just let me know and I will only charge for the material to do it.

Hi Kim,

Many thanks! I can set you up with flags and driver name so just let me know what you want and we can go from there. I'll be looking into the static this week and let you know the price ASAP.

For those who want the Mk I rear spoiler template I can do this - card stock trace from my machined aluminum spoiler to you guys for $5.00 + shipping.

Just trying to assist my lovely family of GT owners... P.S. My condolences to Rex and Chicago...

Chris

Last edited:
Chris: I would like to have a pair of the Scuderia Filipenetti. Please PM me with the details; price, size, delivery, etc.

Thanks, Tom

Back