Superformance GT40 MKII sold at

auction at the Classic Carriages Collector Car Auction & Show in Glendale, AZ for $135,000. This was a completed car with Roush 427 and ZF trans. Sale date was 3-17-07.

Anyone have any feelings on the price ($135,000)? I thought maybe there would be a few responses when I posted it.

That's actually not too far out of line considering what money is invested to get one road worthy, IMO. I know mine will have emptied my wallet just over 100K when all is said and done. When you consider the cost of the car, its options, transaxle, motor, misc parts, installation, and transport, it adds up quick.

Whoever bought that particular car paid a little more not to have to wait IMO.

Rich.

135.000 usb is more or less 100.000 euros.

Considering the % over mustangs and all other american cars vs Italy(25.000 usd===> becoming 39.000 euros) think the spf here will be for about 200-210.000 euros:confused: ..including taxes.

just to have an idea...how much is the price in usa for a ferrari 430?

My Dad bought this car. He was comfortable paying a little extra to have it now.

The car is almost perfect, the original owner did a great job keeping it very nice and claimed he put in over 200 hours fixing details like squeaks & rattles. I have no reason to doubt him! The only shortcomings at this point are an ill adjusted carb and the alignment could use a little tweak.

Also, the car was driven and signed by Bob Bondurant. We have photos with Bob driving the car on the track here in Phoenix.

Ill attempt to attach a couple photos....

Attachments

• Picture189.jpg
    Picture189.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 455
  • Picture201.jpg
    Picture201.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 443
  • Picture161.jpg
    Picture161.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 478
Back