Door Locks?

I have yet to see a Superformance GT40 in person, so this may seem like a dumb question. Is there any way to lock either the doors or the front and back hoods? I'm not thinking of parking one in a movie theater parking lot, I just like the extra security.

By "nope", I meant that the Superformance, as it arrives from the factory, has no locks. For me that takes a back seat in importance to the lack of a door swing limiter. One of my first tasks will be installing a limit strap or some such gizmo.

Thank you for all of your replies. Daryl, as for the door swing limiter, you may just want to add a strap similar to Jeep Wranglers or Hummer H1s.

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
By "nope", I meant that the Superformance, as it arrives from the factory, has no locks. For me that takes a back seat in importance to the lack of a door swing limiter. One of my first tasks will be installing a limit strap or some such gizmo.

That's a good idea, I'm sure a thief would be highly p!$$ed if he damaged the door in his haste to get in and away! Why is it in this PC world we put so much emphasis on the rights and feelings of the criminal? And none on that of the victim! :confused::lol:

Sorry Darryl, couldn't help it!:eek:

Cheers

Daryl
The factory have been fitting door retaining straps from Chassis #55.
We copied the design and yours is already fitted.
Waiting on ZF's.
Dennis.

Steve C

Steve
GT40s Supporter
See post from Dennis above...Just another reason ( of many) to pick Olthoff....I found out same thing when I inquired.. Steve

I have yet to see a Superformance GT40 in person, so this may seem like a dumb question. Is there any way to lock either the doors or the front and back hoods? I'm not thinking of parking one in a movie theater parking lot, I just like the extra security.

Tmack,

I'm thinking about using a remote door lock on my 2nd GT40. These locks are available on ebay and use a plunger mechanism. The plunger would secure the door to the spider and be opened and closed remotely.

John
:pepper:

Two other things you might think about--
1-It would be very simple for anyone that wants to, to remove the plexi windows which are held by screws.
2-The SPF 40's come with detachable stearing wheels.

I generaly just take the wheel with me.
SPF GT40 MK I P2213

Pat

Supporter
I've seen these but haven't had any expereince with them.

Out of curosity, what happens when you disengage the battery cut off switch or lose battery power? Do the servos disengage? Thinking of the possibility of a dead battery locking you out of your car.

Tmack,

I'm thinking about using a remote door lock on my 2nd GT40. These locks are available on ebay and use a plunger mechanism. The plunger would secure the door to the spider and be opened and closed remotely.

John
:pepper:

Dutton

Lifetime Supporter
Veek,

Providing full time power to your door-lock circuit would be a piece of cake to hook up.

The bigger issue is to ensure you can connect auxiliary power to the battery (thus your door locks) when/if the battery fails and you're locked out. HERE

Pat

Supporter
Thanks for the insight. I guess the only worry would be if you had a loose battery terminal underway. I'd certainly favor something that could always be opened from the inside.

almost all street rods that use power door locks have a mechanism to open from the inside and a hidden cable from the outside. My SPF Daytona has power locks and no outside handle , but it does have an inside handle in case of power failure.

Back