SPF 2123 is coming to life!!!

For those of you who have been following the continuing saga of my MKI, I was informed by Roush that today my 353IR engine is finally being shipped to Dennis Olthoff, where my car has been sitting for the last year. I may actually have the car in my garage by Christmas!! Now if I can get the snow to hold off.........

Steve C

Steve
GT40s Supporter
Daryl,

How is the car coming along? Pics yet? I'm sure you will be happy with Dennis' work.

Steve P2125

Rob

Lifetime Supporter
Yes Daryl, this is a community that craves pictures. Looking forward to seeing some.
Best of luck with it coming together by Christmas. That would be a great present..:D

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
Daryl how long did you have to wait for your motor? I am in the same boat but if I got it tomorrow I don't think I could have it on the road till after the first of the year. Good for you dude. Post some pictures, I know I must have seen your car at Dennis's place when I picked up mine.

Beside the transaxle, the biggest wait was for the Roush engine. I bought the 302 stroker with 8 stack injection (353IR). As a new product, it had a few production issues, among them getting the intake manifold just right. And they did not want to release the engines until they had them delivering all the advertised HP and torque. All in, it took a year from ordering the engine to get it to Dennis' shop. I understand they have things all sorted out now, so there should be no delays at Roush from here on out.

I'm flying out to Dennis's shop on Dec. 3rd for my "get aquainted" shakedown drive prior to shipping the car to my house. I'll post some pix on my return. I am trying to contain my...........enthusiasm.

Daryl,

After such a long wait for your GT40, it must be a great feeling to know driving time is very close.

Best of luck to you, and I wish I were in your shoes come December 3rd.

Congrats Daryl! I know it has been a long wait.

Let me know if you decide to bring it out to Blackhawk or Autobahn next year. If my Lola is finished by then we could have some fun.

Daryl,

After such a long wait for your GT40, it must be a great feeling to know driving time is very close.

Best of luck to you, and I wish I were in your shoes come December 3rd.

Thanks, Gary. Yes, the wait has been very difficult. And now, of course, there is snow and ice at my house, so I'll get the car home just in time to put it away for the winter. My only real driving opportunity will be at Dennis' on the 3rd......and they are, naturally, calling for rain in the forecast. :-(

But hey, I figure if there is truth in the old saying about good things coming to those who wait, I'm in for something WAY special!

Daryl

I stopped at Dennis's to take my first drive yesterday. What a great car, and what a beautiful job Dennis and the guys have done. I'm on the road on business, so I'm pressed foir time, but here are a few quick pix I took outside Olthoff racing. I'll do some better images when I get the car home.

Last edited:
Beautiful! And that intake system looks great. Congratulations, and I would really like to hear how that engine works in the car; tractability, power, throttle response, etc.

Scott

Steve C

Steve
GT40s Supporter
Daryl,

Car looks great!...Worth the wait...Like the solid silver (really shows off the curves); 8 stack and Avons look vintage.

Best, Steve C P2125

ps Why is my car outside the showroom door and not in the shop??

Ron Earp

Admin
I saw your car this past Saturday, very nice! There were some beautiful cars there in the shop and they were very impressive.

I regret only having a short time there to have a look at all the cars, but I only live about 2 hours away so it isn't too hard to drive down and visit. Good thing they didn't have a yellow one around or I'd had to have bought it, shucks. I'll plan another trip in the Spring with a more relaxed time schedule, maybe there will be one then.

R

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
SCHWEET!!!!

And the light blue '40 in the background isn't bad either!

We ARE in the "good old days" cause there are more 40's and people into them than there was circa 1967..................

Rick

(future SPF MK I wannabee)

Daryl,

The headers and 8-stack look awsome! I bet your car at 7 grand would sound sweet. Hope you can get some seat time soon so you can post your driving impressions and a few more pictures.

Thanks for sharing...................Cheers!

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
Good for you! I purchased a M1 transaxle a few weeks ago, I have done all the work I can till the motor shows up. I would like to have it done before Feb meet in Vegas but thats more than likely a pipe dream. Keep them pictures coming, it brings me hope. ;)

Back