SPF engine mounts

hi, i am about to finish my spf gt40 mk2 and i am missing engine mounts. thought they would be included in the FE/ZF install kit. i'd appreciate some feedback on wether engine mounts are included or not.

If you bought your MkII from a SPF dealer, I would go to the dealer and ask them about the motor mounts. If you bought it from a private party, I would contact a SPF dealer, and order some...........because the private party probably does not have them either.

RJ

The SPF comes with engine mount "points" that are bolted to the tub but it does not come with the rubber or urethane "mounts" that bolt to the engine and fasten to the "points". See photo below. You should have one of these on each side of the tub when you got the car. You need to get your own mounts to fit your application. Your "install kit" would not include them unless you paid extra to get them.

Attachments

• DSCN0619.jpg
    DSCN0619.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 478

Steve C

Steve
GT40s Supporter
RJ

Best if you do not use rubber mounts...With the transaxle so ridgidly mounted poly mounts will offer the least movement and be best compliant with the crossmember transaxle bushing mounting scheme.

Steve...SPF 2125 ( FE with poly mounts)

Back