Defective Turn Signal Switch

I took delivery of 2171 on April 7th. I'm having difficulty getting the vehicle inspected due to a defective turn signal swith that blows the 6th fuse in the fuse panel. I'm working with my dealer to resolve the issue, however, a faster resolution might be to purchase a replacement switch on my own.
The brand name of the switch is Hella. Can any one tell me where I can locate and purchase an exact Hella replacement, or an aftermarket turn signal switch that performs the same functions as the original?

Thanks,

Don

Dutton

Lifetime Supporter
Don,

Depending on the wiring, you may not need a new switch. Troubleshooting the circuit should settle that real quick.

When you discover the cause, let us know what you found.

Best,

T.

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
I agree! Don't change the switch! Its more than likely a problem at the termination points of the wires (bulbs). I would unplug front harness first and see what happens then the rear, isolate it to front or back then go from there. Mike check your ground points and also the socket for the bulbs.

Regarding SPF turn switches, mine was set up in an interesting manner. When turning left, my front lights were signaling left, but the rear lights were signaling right. For a couple weeks I wondered why people where honking at me when I was changing lanes.
I just switched the cables in the back to fix this problem, but to say the least I was not impressed with SPF on this issue. Given how much a car like this costs...

Back