New Owner of SPF GT40 P2188

(Posted in "Introduce Yourself Here", but thought I would post in SPF as well)

Hello. I am a new owner of SPF GT40 P2188. Thought I would share my experience. I started my GT40 quest in August 2007, spending much time reading post on GT40.com, searching the web, speaking with several current and past owners, as well as GT40 vendors, like RCR, CAV, Tornado and SPF. In late 2007 I decided on a Titanium with Black strips SPF MKII from Hans at Auto Haus in Yorktown VA., with the RBT ZF expected by mid February 2008. Dennis Olthoff of Olthoff Racing Perfection Mount Ulla NC would do my build using a Roush 427R and RBT ZF (with cam and gearing as recommended by Dennis). My experience has been nothing short of great thru the entire process! This had much to do with two very important choices, the dealer and the builder. I took delivery of P2188 in early May, and now have almost 900 (trouble free) miles on her now. What a car she is! WOW! I have owned several nice cars in past years, 1988 930 Turbo Factory Slantnose Porsche with 500hp, a 1995 NSX with 350hp and a 1999 Zanardi edition (#10 of 50) NSX a Supercharged 375hp. All very nice cars, but none compare to the GT40's look, big hp, torque and driving experience.

SPF dealer; Hans (owner of Auto Haus) and Rob Carpenter were excellent to work with right from the start thru delivery. Auto Haus worked with me on the purchase and storage while waiting for the Trans-axle. They delivered the car to Olthoff for build, pick it up when it was done, conducted a second inspection and drive test (I personally did the first with Olthoff) before delivering the car to me completed ready to drive and enjoy.

Builder; Olthoff Racing Perfection. Dennis Olthoff and his crew were great to work with. Dennis spent the time necessary to explain the build process, help me thru the many build choices, and made the necessary SPF fixes. After completing the basic build Dennis invited me to his NC facility for an inspection and test drive. With testing complete and issues identified, Dennis and is crew finished the build as agreed and within the specified time line. Delivering the car to Auto Haus as promised.

For me, SPF dealer Auto Haus and builder Olthoff Racing Perfection have made my GT40 purchase and build a great experience.

I would like to extend a special thanks to Fran Hall of RCR, and Lynn Miner, both provided me with guidance and sound advise from the start, and still today. Two very good people, the GT40 Forum is fortunate to have them as members.

Attachments

• IMG_6633.jpg
    IMG_6633.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 363
  • IMG_6640.jpg
    IMG_6640.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 378
  • 1966 Superformance GT40 #P2188 014.jpg
    1966 Superformance GT40 #P2188 014.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 359
  • 1966 Superformance GT40 #P2188 017.jpg
    1966 Superformance GT40 #P2188 017.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 391
  • Hawrys 001.jpg
    Hawrys 001.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 430

Kirby Schrader

They're mostly silver
Lifetime Supporter
Jim,

Congratulations!

I have to commend you on your excellent choice of color and stripes.

:laugh:

Certainly sounds like you're having fun with it!

Regards,
Kirby

(Posted in "Introduce Yourself Here", but thought I would post in SPF as well)

Hello. I am a new owner of SPF GT40 P2188. Thought I would share my experience. I started my GT40 quest in August 2007, spending much time reading post on GT40.com, searching the web, speaking with several current and past owners, as well as GT40 vendors, like RCR, CAV, Tornado and SPF. In late 2007 I decided on a Titanium with Black strips SPF MKII from Hans at Auto Haus in Yorktown VA., with the RBT ZF expected by mid February 2008. Dennis Olthoff of Olthoff Racing Perfection Mount Ulla NC would do my build using a Roush 427R and RBT ZF (with cam and gearing as recommended by Dennis). My experience has been nothing short of great thru the entire process! This had much to do with two very important choices, the dealer and the builder. I took delivery of P2188 in early May, and now have almost 900 (trouble free) miles on her now. What a car she is! WOW! I have owned several nice cars in past years, 1988 930 Turbo Factory Slantnose Porsche with 500hp, a 1995 NSX with 350hp and a 1999 Zanardi edition (#10 of 50) NSX a Supercharged 375hp. All very nice cars, but none compare to the GT40's look, big hp, torque and driving experience.

SPF dealer; Hans (owner of Auto Haus) and Rob Carpenter were excellent to work with right from the start thru delivery. Auto Haus worked with me on the purchase and storage while waiting for the Trans-axle. They delivered the car to Olthoff for build, pick it up when it was done, conducted a second inspection and drive test (I personally did the first with Olthoff) before delivering the car to me completed ready to drive and enjoy.

Builder; Olthoff Racing Perfection. Dennis Olthoff and his crew were great to work with. Dennis spent the time necessary to explain the build process, help me thru the many build choices, and made the necessary SPF fixes. After completing the basic build Dennis invited me to his NC facility for an inspection and test drive. With testing complete and issues identified, Dennis and is crew finished the build as agreed and within the specified time line. Delivering the car to Auto Haus as promised.

For me, SPF dealer Auto Haus and builder Olthoff Racing Perfection have made my GT40 purchase and build a great experience.

I would like to extend a special thanks to Fran Hall of RCR, and Lynn Miner, both provided me with guidance and sound advise from the start, and still today. Two very good people, the GT40 Forum is fortunate to have them as members.

Congratulations Jim! From what I have read the Olthoff people are great to work with. You are one lucky fellow. I am rightfully jealous.
Garry

Steve Briscoe

Lifetime Supporter
Jim-
The SPF is a great product and it looks like you found a very good dealer. I had a good experience with Ian Grunes at Dynamic. I've heard only good things about Olthoff's installation service and hope to meet the folks there some day soon. Your experience supports the principle that success is related to who we buy from when we buy.

Thanks for the post-
Steve

Back