SPF questions

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Hello, my name is Jim Craik, and I'm the proud owner of P2264, my owner experiance to this point has been nothing short of fantastic!:drunk:

I do have some questions about some minor things. As I noted before I'm having trouble getting fuel into her, even with both caps off very little fuel goes in before clicking off, any thoughts?

I have found the headlights to be very much like 1960's lights (who would think). Is there an update to make night driving better, I can't imagine doing 200+ mph racing at night with this lighting, they were very brave men!:stunned:

The dashboard lighting is minimal at best, is there any way to raise the brighness of these lights?

Is there an owners manual, I know I need to tighen the wheel bearings, but how tight? tourque settings?

Thanks in advance for any help!:drunk:

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
JIm,

Don't know the answer to the fueling speed issue but the headlamps are an easy fix. The lamps in the GT are not sealed beam units and the bulb are probably H4 units. You can get some higher power bulbs...when we got P1116 the lights werw, well not much. Some 80/140 bulbs made a world of difference. See Daniel Stern Lighting Consultancy and Supply
for some info on bulbs.

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Try www.candlepowerinc.com, who sell bulbs for these sorts of lights, have a phone number, and are generally accessible. I was referred to them by Dan Stern. They are in my area, in Rockville, MD, but ship all over. They have a very useful and complete web site. You might also try www.interlight.biz, as well, they have quite a bit of this kind of stuff.

Back