What Warranty ??

The Superformance GT 40 warranty is not worth the paper it is written on.
It is pretty sad when a customer has to sue the distributor and dealer, to recover monies spent to repair a defective car under warranty.
Beware, potential buyers!!
L Marigold

Dutton

Lifetime Supporter
Larry,

That's a pretty broad swipe you've taken with nothing posted to back it up. If you want to be fair about the situation, let's see some data.

T.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Larry,

Please give specific information regarding your claim here.
We do not like it when people make unsubstantiated claims against our vendors.

Thank you.

Steve C

Steve
GT40s Supporter
Larry,

P2125 here

Without going into details ( I don't think it serves any purpose to mention the specific problems) I have had issues but nothing but great things to say about how Superformance has responded to my needs.

We need to hear about your specific issues but, some buyers are unaware that these cars (all of the breed) are not a Lexus but, one off's that will require attention, tweaking and upgrading. Most of us recognize this and understand it is part of the "experience".

My dealer (Olthoff) has been GREAT to deal with as has Lance and Barry in Calif. with whatever warantee issues, and fixes I needed.

Can't understand how I have been so well taken care of and your experience is so different.

As others have said it isn't fair to not provide details.

Let us know what's wrong, mayybe we can help.

Steve

PS...Take a look in the Superformance Forum for lots of discussion about the cars and see mine with lots of pics in a posts with P2125 in the title.

Dave Wood

Lifetime Supporter
I ,too, would like some details. I don't have a Superformance GT40, but have looked seriously of late. I do have an early Coupe and have nothing but good things to say regarding any tech issues involved. Never an issue with getting the updates when any were done. I would also give Dennis kudos, although our car wasn't purchased from him, he has always been available if there were questions that evaded other dealers. Lance also strikes me as pretty straightforward and would have to hear what "defective" is designated as. When you buy handbuilt race car replicas...there may be some tweaking neccesary...but defective??

Don't know the details of your experience, but Lance dealt with my warranty claim promptly even airfreighting the parts in a couple of days from South Africa.

Last edited:

Keith

How long do you give someone to respond who just registered and his first (and probably only) post was a serious criticism of a forum vendor? I know it's nowt to do with me but I would suggest a time limit then deletion. Some damage has already been done through speculation and constant replies (like mine) keep it at the top. It's kind of like a libel. It may not be true but it sticks anyway.

David Lowe

Lifetime Supporter
How long do you give someone to respond who just registered and his first (and probably only) post was a serious criticism of a forum vendor? I know it's nowt to do with me but I would suggest a time limit then deletion.

I totally agree Keith it may sort out the difference between a cheap shot or a legitimate claim.
David

I was thinking the same thing. One post and he hasn't returned to see if anyone can help him.

I say delete his post and ban him.

Gregg

Gregg
Lifetime Supporter
I was thinking the same thing. One post and he hasn't returned to see if anyone can help him.

I say delete his post and ban him.

According to my computer, Marigold posted yesterday at 5:09 pm. One day has yet to pass and you already seek his banishment. Wow.

Superformance cars are not cheap by any means. Anyone who has paid for anything and not received value for their money as promised, generally is upset to say the least. I am not defending Marigold as I do not know him or his circumstances, but they obviously were serious enough for him to commence litigation. I too am very interested in the facts and/or his version of the facts. Everyone does have time constraints upon them and can not get back to the computer as quickly as some would like. Give the man a chance to provide the information. What is considered a reasonable amount of time to furnish the facts is judged by the individual. In my opinion, less than a day is not reasonable. It would have been better if Marigold posted the facts along with his first post, but we have no control over members and what they type.

I agree with Gregg. Let's give this guy some time. He is not familiar with our forum and the speed at which we normally respond to posts. I would suggest that we leave the thread alone for awhile. If he doesn't return, it will get lost in the archives. If he wants to share more with us he will bring the thread back from the depths.

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
We all know the cars come as rollers, engine and transaxle has to be installed by someone, if this someone did a poor job then is it the cars fault? I (we) would like more details. I have found many things I didn't agree with on my car but corrected them to my standards. Is it SPF's responsibility that I didn't like what I bought? NO But if there was a major failure of some component on the roller then I would be dancing on someone's table, so far I keep racking up miles with no issues on what I bought a "roller".

Keith

I agree Greg but couldn't work out the time difference properly as you guys all use the wrong time.... :)

Quite apart from the chances of us ever seeing him again (I'm goading him) are slim to none, I was using this post as an example of throwing enough mud and it will stick. If there's litigation you won't get an answer from SPF anyway because it will be sub judice, so the guy has sued and even if he did make allegations against SPF on here you are not going to see a resolution. He should have been advised not to go public anyway as this might prejudice his claim so WTF?

Further, if he loses SPF would be quite entitled to sue for libel, so he's not going to post any details ahead of a hearing is he?

So, (work with me here) the post is a 'spoiler' right?

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Gentlemen -

I sent him a PM yesterday as soon as I entered the message in this forum.
The clock is ticking.

If he does not respond within 24 hours of my PM, this post will be deleted.

He did not fill out any of the particulars nor leave an Email address to contact directly - so I am presuming that the PM will notify him at his email account.

Thanks..

I'm kind of new around here, but in my opinion, even if such a suspicious post is true, it was far to vague to be helpful to anyone.

Having the right dealer and or installer is everything. I would have to say that my dealer was worthless (Park Place Ltd. Seattle) in everything execpt taking my money. I tried to get them to send me the HVAC blower fan relay retrofit kit for 6 months or more with no luck. After calling Superformance I had it in a few days. Yes I'm going to have to install it but I'm doing my own install anyway so I'll know where everthing is. Just my $.02.

More details regarding Superformance warranty- I purchased my GT 40 from Dynamic Motor Sports and it had some serious product defects. Aprroximately 9 months ago invoices were sent by Dynamic Motor Sports West (New owners of Dynamic Motor Sports)to Dynamic Motor Sports for reimbursement. The rep. at Dynamic Motor Sports sent numerous requests for payment to both dealers (old and new) and also to Superformance. It seems that Dynamic Motor Sports was claiming that they were not responsible and so was Dynamic Motot Sports West ; Superformance was unable or unwilling to resolve the issue! The repairs were done by Full Throttle Performance( fomerly R.E.D.) The repairs totaled over $1700 and were serius safety isues involving a pinched fuel delivery hose and a sticking brake pedal assembly, plus speedometer cable issues, etc. Registered letter to Dynamic Motor Sports went unanswered. An attemt recently was made by the Nevada Court mediators to resolve the matter ,with no success. The repairs were well within the peramiters listed in the Warranty and within the time frame . It will now be handled by the court, I won't be left "holding the bag"! Talk about customer service

Sounds like you have a legitimate beef with Superformance. What reason did SPF give for saying the repairs are not covered under their warranty?

Back