Thread Size

Does anyone know the thread type on the shift rod for the SPFs?...for the shift knob?

Thanks

Brian

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Thanks John. Saves me twisting a knob off one off the chassis and pulling out the pitch gauge!

Now how about some nice rosewood "tulip" knobs to replace the black plastic ones?

I would go for one of those especially if it came with one of the medallions like JimmyMac had made up. Only problem is I would need one of each color as I don’t seem to be able to make up my mind if I want red or black.

Didn't I read some somewhere where the new GT40R comes with one of these?

My shifter knob is aluminum, not plastic. I have a RHD-right hand rod shift, not a center shift. You might want to double check the center shifter thread size, it might be 12MM. Sorry about that.

Rick, making wooden shifter knobs shouldn't be to hard at all.

Yes Richard, the GT40R comes with a wooden knob w/a GT40R medallion. But I think they are all RHD-right hand rod shift. So the thread size might still be an issue. Not sure if you can purchase it seperately.

John

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
My shifter knob is aluminum, not plastic. I have a RHD-right hand rod shift, not a center shift. You might want to double check the center shifter thread size, it might be 12MM. Sorry about that.

So now that I have left the shop and gone home you remind me! I will check the center shift unit and report the thread size.

8mm is correct for my RHD side shift car but my LHD center shift thread size is different...very odd size. I have tried 10mm, 12mm, 3/8-24....several others with no luck.
Anyone else know what it is?

Brian

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Double checked two LHD chassis today, thread is 10x1.25 (my tap/die kit has a 10x1.25 tap and a 10x1.50 die...go figure?) Double checked them with a pitch gauge and they both measure at 10x1.25.

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
You can have one of these with any thread you'd like :shy:

Attachments

• gear shifter knobs 004 (Small).jpg
    gear shifter knobs 004 (Small).jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 338
Double checked two LHD chassis today, thread is 10x1.25 (my tap/die kit has a 10x1.25 tap and a 10x1.50 die...go figure?) Double checked them with a pitch gauge and they both measure at 10x1.25.

Mark,

Thank you very much!

Brian

Back