GT40 Upgrade parts and kits from Time Machines

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Time Machines Motorsports LLC, a GT40s.com advertiser and Suprformance dealer, is pleased to offer the following upgrade kits and parts for Superformance GT40s. We will continue to develop and offer parts that improve, solve and make ownership of these fantastic cars even better.

All of our or parts are fit and tested on multiple SPF GT chassis and are money back if not pleased. We offer installation if you want to bring your cars around but all of the items include complete instructions and none require skills or tools beyond what we assume anyone who would own a GT40 would have!

First item is our 3/16" automotive glass bulkhead window. These are cut and ground to fit in the factory retainer. They offer increased sound deadening, fire resistance and better sealing to the bulkhead carpet as thet do not bend and deform like the acyrlic window from the factory. The have the .250 hole for the roof drain tube to pass through, if you are not using the drain we offer the glass with no hole also.

Our part number GT40P/6342006 retail price is $128.40. GT40s.com members cost is $115.56 plus $15.00 shipping in the continental US. Inquire for other locations. We accept Visa/Mastercard/Discover as well as checks (and cash with proper I.D!!!)

You may PM me or email [email protected]

Lots more to come........

Attachments

• PA280008.JPG
    PA280008.JPG
    33.5 KB · Views: 721
  • PA280007.jpg
    PA280007.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 672
  • PA280009.jpg
    PA280009.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 830

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Kit number two, ready to ship. 6 piece tub/sponson seal kit. These are steel rule die cut EPDM 60 durometer rubber seals with pressure sensitive adhesive for easy installation. The kit does both left and right fuel tank closure panels behind the front tires, the left and right cowl closure panels (in front of the windscreen where the brake/clutch fluid reserviors are and the opposite side closure) as well as the battery tray tub and the fuel pump/swirl pot cubbyhole.

The seals have a wide sealing area to account for uneven surfaces. Place the adhesive side on the removable piece. The sponson and cowl pieces are not punched for the screws as these are not drilled with a fixture and vary from tub to tub. The battery box/fuel pump area have the fixing bolt holes punched (not shown on the attached picture).

Our part number GT40P/16740 this kit is $108.80 and shipping is $6.00.

Order from [email protected] or call 716-407-0975.

Attachments

• Tub seal kit 1.jpg
    Tub seal kit 1.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 531

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Discovered that the manufacturer put the PSA on the same side of ALL off the sponson front seals, but he quickly fixed that and the kits are ready to ship. I will install one on P2271 this weekend and post pictures.

Steve C

Steve
GT40s Supporter
Rick,

Let us know how and what you use to remove the existing seals on the cover plates.

Tx, Steve P2125

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Steve,
It is in the instructions but I use 3M adhesive remover after I scrape the foam off with a paint stir stick. Goo-Gone also works to remove the residue from the plates.

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Pictures of the seals installed on P2271. A very easy installation, it takes longer to remove the adhesive from SPF than to R&R the panels.

Attachments

• seal1.jpg
    seal1.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 481
  • seal2.jpg
    seal2.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 483
  • seal3.jpg
    seal3.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 438
  • seal4.jpg
    seal4.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 534
  • seal5.jpg
    seal5.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 583
  • seal6.jpg
    seal6.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 457
  • seal7.jpg
    seal7.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 452
  • Tub seal kit 1.jpg
    Tub seal kit 1.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 424

Kirby Schrader

They're mostly silver
Lifetime Supporter
Rick,

I received the seal kits for the A/C evaporator box and they fit very nicely. Time spent installing was probably around 45 minutes. Took the longest to get the old foam sticky stuff off, but with some perseverance, I managed to just peel them off.

I haven't had a chance to try them out on the road. My ECU is back at Electromotive being upgraded and I haven't received it back yet.... car doesn't run too good without it...

Thanks,
Kirby

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
And yet another shameless self-promotion! As we are a sponsoring vender it is not TOO rude to bring to newer members the availability of our SPF upgrade parts.

And the new moulding oven for our roof vents is being delivered today so I expect that kit to ready soon!

Steve C

Steve
GT40s Supporter
Great stuff from Rick.

I bought and installed it all.

Waiting for the roof vent kit.

Steve P2125

PS: Anything new on the horizon?

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Al,

With the secret SPF decoder ring you can see past ordinary posts and know the future!

Actually, we announced it last year but didn't finish the development and tooling until now. The vent kit goes inside the roof vent on the SPF GT to prevent water from overwhelming the .25" lip inside the base of the factory vent. It includes a new plenum and baffle system as well as a stainless steel screen that prevents insects, ninjas and the like from entering your car. With the vent kit you will no longer get a shower when starting off after your car has been rained on (you DO drive it in the rain, don't you?).

I will post pictures of the system here soon. We just got a new moulding oven yesterday so I can now produce the plastic pieces "in house" (i.e. the shop) as opposed to "in MY house" which SHMBO took some exception to.

And I still have the tub seal kits and HVAC kits on hand for those who are still amoungst the "outsiders".

Seymour Snerd

Lifetime Supporter
Al,

With the secret SPF decoder ring you can see past ordinary posts and know the future!

Actually, we announced it last year but didn't finish the development and tooling until now. The vent kit goes inside the roof vent on the SPF GT to prevent water from overwhelming the .25" lip inside the base of the factory vent. It includes a new plenum and baffle system as well as a stainless steel screen that prevents insects, ninjas and the like from entering your car. With the vent kit you will no longer get a shower when starting off after your car has been rained on (you DO drive it in the rain, don't you?).

I will post pictures of the system here soon. We just got a new moulding oven yesterday so I can now produce the plastic pieces "in house" (i.e. the shop) as opposed to "in MY house" which SHMBO took some exception to.

And I still have the tub seal kits and HVAC kits on hand for those who are still amoungst the "outsiders".

OK, I'll take one, especially if it prevents the government from monitoring my thoughts.

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
I have the last two tub seal kits in stock.

Unless there is some renewed interest in these I may not make another run. It has taken 14 months to go through the last batch and there are still over 150 SPF GTs that do not have them! In fact, I had better set aside one kit for MY chassis (when my ship comes in and if I could ever decide on a color...)

The A/C box seal kits I have plenty on hand and the roof vents are coming along. Oh, and the glass bulkheads windows are still available.

I expect that the bulkhead glass price will be going up 10 or 20 dollars as the manufacturer is bitching about the 2-3 unit production run. I could buy more, but I KNOW I will break some of them lying around so easier to build small batches.

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
OK,

Due to our glass supplier being unable to read quantities (ordered 3 to fill some orders, got 9 and already had some on hand, we are well overstocked with the bulkhead glass. As I just know I will break them if they lay around, it is better to sell 'em off cheaper as opposed to waiting for the inevitible.

Therefor I will sell three glass kits at just $99.00 plus shipping. Fits all Superformance GT40s and probably many other brands but no guarantees on those. These have the hole for the roof vent drain and come with the connector to reattach the drain hose that must be cut to install.

Less heat transfer, better sound deadening than the factory plastic window and no hazing/discoloration.

Get them while they last..............................

And only a couple of tub seal kits left. don't know if we will run another batch anytime soon.

If you have a Superformance GT40, you want this stuff!

Back