SPF GT40 AC box seal kit

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Ready to go, the four piece moulded seal kit to cure water and air leakage into the tub. This kit has four seals that attach to the plastic AC evaporator housing and seal it to the four round holes in the tub in front of the cowl. Kit includes seals, ahdesive and instructions. This fits all Superformance GT40s with air conditioning.

Our part number GT40P/18A569. Price is $97.80, gt40s.com members pay $84.60 and shipping in the US is $6.00, inquire for other locations.

Visa, Mastercard, Discover or check. email [email protected] or PM me.

Attachments

• PA280002.jpg
    PA280002.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 534
  • PA280003.jpg
    PA280003.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 562
  • PA280005.jpg
    PA280005.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 545
  • PA280006.jpg
    PA280006.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 582
  • PA280001.JPG
    PA280001.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 475

Steve C

Steve
GT40s Supporter
Rick,

And all SPF owners.

Completed install of your AC box seal kit as well as gasket kit for battery box, fuel sponson, front access plates for tanks and upper access panels.

Nice pieces and real improvement over factory seals.

Steve P2125

PS: Also installed the seal SPF now using on new builds for the steering tube through firewall (should be available from any SPF dealer (does great job of sealing this hard to close opening as it is a moulded piece that totally closes the gaps.

Rick,

I would like a kit with all of the seals you provide. Last we emailed you were waiting for some. Are there more in development, or is a "set" complete now?

Regards,
Mike

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Mike,

We have developed a "tub seal" kit and a "HVAC" boc to tub kit. At this time those are the only seal kits we have.

See
http://www.gt40s.com/forum/superformance-gt40s/30007-spf-gt40-ac-box-seal-kit.html

and

http://www.gt40s.com/forum/superformance-gt40s/29999-gt40-upgrade-parts-kits-time-machines.html

for pictures and further information.

At this time we have done any further sealing researh and development as the response to these has been disappointing at best considering all of the bitching that was done about air and water leaks.

Seymour Snerd

Lifetime Supporter
Tip re: SPF GT40 AC box seal kit

Ready to go, the four piece moulded seal kit to cure water and air leakage into the tub. This kit has four seals that attach to the plastic AC evaporator housing and seal it to the four round holes in the tub in front of the cowl.

Just installed this kit and it works great. As Rick's instructions note, with the new seals some additional pressure is required to push the A/C box back against the tub to complete the seal, and in my case the tub curvature does not match the curvature of the A/C box. Not only that, but the tub slopes back away from the A/C box. So one of the seals didn't quite seal at the top. The poor little self-tapping screw-retained bracket at the bottom front is in the wrong place and has the wrong geometry to help much. So I stuck a couple 1/2" tall rubber furniture feet to the top front corners of the A/C box, facing forward. This is just enough depth for the installation of the faux-oil-tank aluminum housing to push to top of the A/C box back and close the seals.

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Re: Tip re: SPF GT40 AC box seal kit

Just installed this kit and it works great. As Rick's instructions note, with the new seals some additional pressure is required to push the A/C box back against the tub to complete the seal, and in my case the tub curvature does not match the curvature of the A/C box. Not only that, but the tub slopes back away from the A/C box. So one of the seals didn't quite seal at the top. The poor little self-tapping screw-retained bracket at the bottom front is in the wrong place and has the wrong geometry to help much. So I stuck a couple 1/2" tall rubber furniture feet to the top front corners of the A/C box, facing forward. This is just enough depth for the installation of the faux-oil-tank aluminum housing to push to top of the A/C box back and close the seals.

Good idea!
I will add that to the instructions as an added step if required. The plastic AC boxes must vary a little as we have not run into that situation. These are hand built cars and as the fine print says "your results may vary!!!"

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Seal kits ready to go! Get ready for the hot driving season.

One of the main improvements of the AC seal kit is that the air intake into the AC box has the hose routed through the 4" port on the left side of the tub. As the hose is 2.75" diameter this allows a lot of under front clip air from the radiator, etc. to duct into the cockpit. You must then overcome that extra heat with the AC. This seal kit eliminates that hot air entry and improves the AC performance by reducing the temperature differential it must provide.

Back