Superformance Service Notes and Other Info

I have a group of early SPF service notes and other interesting bit and pieces. They have been floating around in the public domain in one form or another for some time. These all came from a DVD Lynn Miner put together some time ago (we can all thank Lynn for his hard work). All of the information I'm currently posting is at least a few years old and should not be taken as current, I am not responsible for the content in any way. They are also not posted in any particular order.

They are all here for historical reasons. One of the service notes "The 12V fix" has two fixes. The first one didn't work but I put it in just in case someone has this service note installed and not the newer one.

As other material's come my way I will be adding to the list. If anyone else has anything they would like to share like Sales Brochures, parts list, anything, I would be happy to post them. The more we know about our cars the better off we will all be. So please send me your strange bits of Superformance information and history.

I'm sure there will be more to come so keep an eye out and send me your stuff.

Attachments

• 0601GT Engine Run On.pdf
    454.3 KB · Views: 382
  • 0702aGTB HVACBlower Fan Relay Retrofit Supplement.pdf
    199.2 KB · Views: 338
  • 0702GTWiperGearInstall.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 331
  • 0804GTB Amp Gauge Fix.pdf
    939 KB · Views: 338
  • EI 06013 FRONT UPRIGHT TIE-ROD CHANGES GT 40.pdf
    205.3 KB · Views: 352
  • Gt40 Chassis Alignment Info.pdf
    307.7 KB · Views: 428
  • GT40 Fuse 12 Service Bulletin.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 336
  • GT40 Hi Tech Parts Kit II.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 366
  • GT40 Hi Tech Parts Kit.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 329
  • gt40_superformance.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 680
  • GT40Wiring.pdf
    282.6 KB · Views: 384
  • HVAC OPERATION,GT40.pdf
    175.1 KB · Views: 329
I see some of the service notes state they apply to build number XX and below. Given a particular car (I'm looking at SPFs for sale), how would I determine the build number?

Last edited:

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
I see some of the service notes state they apply to build number XX and below. Given a particular car (I'm looking at SPFs for sale), how would I determine the build number?

Build number is on many pieces, in pencil on the front or back of the VIN plate, on all removable items (i.e. a small round disc with the number is bonded to the front outlet panel, the doors, the lids and even the louvered roof vent underneath)

Build number and VIN may be close as 1 digit but often varies more.

The serial number will get you close but the build number is inside the left sponson. You have to remove the gas tank cover just behind the right front tire. The owner/dealer should have it.

Back