Independence Day for P2160

Seymour Snerd

Lifetime Supporter
P2160 now has a 427 FE sitting in her engine mounts.... see below:

Engine in Rear small.jpg

Engine in Side small.jpg

So am I, when somebody leaves one on my porch.

However, out of frame is a ZFQ with its hand raised.

See Ron, there is no demand for a T44, they have all spent their $$$ on the rest of the car & expect a freebie T44- even want it freight free to the back porch, probably expect it fitted @ $5.00 bucks an hour & bring my own lunch as well.... you'll never get any vendor $$$ out of me at that rate mate...:):)

Ron Earp

Admin
Well damn. I figured if the Farm Engine was going in then we might as well replicate the whole shebang. I hadn't seen anyone use a T44 before and was hoping to see one done

Seymour Snerd

Lifetime Supporter
Well damn. I figured if the Farm Engine was going in then we might as well replicate the whole shebang. I hadn't seen anyone use a T44 before and was hoping to see one done

You guys have no idea how much I'd like to do that, but I just don't have an extra $17K (ZFq=13, T44=30) lying around... maybe I can sell rides when it's all together with the ZFQ.... Let's see at 50 cents a ride....

Actually, I've been meaning to ask: what is the current state of the world with T44s? There were at one time or another at least five different people making or getting ready to make them that I know of:

Lee Holman
Goran Olsson
Mike Teske
Superformance/Hi-Tech (rumor only)
Bob Putnam, ERA

Anyone know the current state of the above's efforts, and whether the oft-quoted $30K is in fact the lowest price out there?

Last edited:
You guys have no idea how much I'd like to do that, but I just don't have an extra $17K (ZFq=13, T44=30) lying around... maybe I can sell rides when it's all together with the ZFQ.... Let's see at 50 cents a ride....

Actually, I've been meaning to ask: what is the current state of the world with T44s? There were at one time or another at least five different people making or getting ready to make them that I know of:

Lee HolmanPretty sure these are T44 equipped
Goran OlssonDont know what stage these are at
Mike TeskeA friend took pix of these at Road Atlanta last year in the Tent & MKIV continuation cars- unfortunately they are locked in my old PC somewhere & I dont know how to extract!!:)
Superformance/Hi-Tech (rumor only)I get that impression too, initial Press release gave the impression they 'might' be looking at doing, but others since seem to have 'dropped' the idea..
Bob Putnam, ERABobs's a member here on forum, maybe he might have some news...

Anyone know the current state of the above's efforts, and whether the oft-quoted $30K is in fact the lowest price out there?

Then there is possibly this guy, but even he doesnt know whats happening with his version..:):) I doubt it would be suitable for a SPF though, wouldnt be expensive enough...

Last edited:
Back