Broken door cable

Does anyone know if replacement door cables are available from SPF or dealers? I know I can jerry rig a fix, but I'd like to keep everything as original from SPF. Thanks.

Mike

Does anyone know if replacement door cables are available from SPF or dealers? I know I can jerry rig a fix, but I'd like to keep everything as original from SPF. Thanks.

Mike

Mike, I think you should do what I did and get the door latch kit. Getting rid of those cables not only makes for better door operation, but also frees up space to pack "stuff" in the door cavity for road trips.

Daryl

It only takes about 30min and a crimping tool to make it as good as it ever was from SPF which wasn't very good to begin with. Daryl has the right answer but you still need to be able to enjoy the car while you wait for the kit.

At least you 40 is near by, mine is currently 1200 miles away in SoCal. Weather was to bad to drive it home back in mid Jan. Damn I miss my 40. The only good part is my brother is to big to drive it.

Whoops, sorry about that Kevin, good catch.

Yup, please don't put Cobra door latches on the car Mike! Drive around on the site at that link and you should be able to find the parts you need.

Thank you to all that replied to my question. For those who choose to replace with a factory part: 00-011-00068-cable door pull- $26.47 each.

Mike

Dave Hood

Lifetime Supporter
Mike:

Another option would be to install door latches like the one in this photo. You can purchase these from Dennis Olthoff. They work great.

Attachments

• GT40 Door Latch Mk1.jpg
    GT40 Door Latch Mk1.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 272
Back