2174 & 2175

Seems so many years ago that I built 74&75. If you remember the tragic issue with one owner passing away, and his friend the second owner not even wanting to drive the other. Happy to say Scott's widow and children are doing well.
Any info on 2174& 2175 would be appreciated. Just curious to see where they live now and if they are doing well.

Thanks
Sorry to be away for so long!

Attached is a pic they day they arrived.

John

Attachments

• MVC-009S.jpg
    MVC-009S.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 607

Kelly

Lifetime Supporter
Seems so many years ago that I built 74&75. If you remember the tragic issue with one owner passing away, and his friend the second owner not even wanting to drive the other. Happy to say Scott's widow and children are doing well.
Any info on 2174& 2175 would be appreciated. Just curious to see where they live now and if they are doing well.

Thanks
Sorry to be away for so long!

Attached is a pic they day they arrived.

John

Good to reconnect with you John. Where did 2175 end up?

Best,
K

I sold it to somone from the Cincinnati area, back in December of 08, not sure he kept it or not. It is hard to believe 74 went to the west coast and back.

Kelly

Lifetime Supporter
I sold it to somone from the Cincinnati area, back in December of 08, not sure he kept it or not. It is hard to believe 74 went to the west coast and back.

...and someday in the future it will come full circle and find its way back home to visit Elkart Lake with me on board!

Best,
K

Let me know if you head over, I would love to see it run! Things got so crazy at the end, I only drove them up and down the street for a few short testing miles (with a huge smile on my face). The plan for the two owners was to have a bit of fun with them at Elkhart.
Bitter sweet memories, my father who embedded me with my love of cars and helped me a bit on these also passed away during that period. I talked very little with the owner of 75 as I loaded it the day of my fathers funeral. Crazy times!

Hello John, I'm the new owner of 2175. The car is with me since 2010 and only recently I was able to legalize for road use. I live in Portugal.
I'm looking for setup information on this car and would appreciate your help.

Please let me know, Luiz

Kelly

Lifetime Supporter
Hello John, I'm the new owner of 2175. The car is with me since 2010 and only recently I was able to legalize for road use. I live in Portugal.
I'm looking for setup information on this car and would appreciate your help. Please let me know, Luiz

Hi Luiz, as you may be aware, John completed your and my cars at the same time. It’s interesting to learn P2175 has made it all the way to Portugal. Its virtual twin resides with me. There’s actually an interesting albeit tragic story behind John being commissioned to perform the builds. I'm sure John will chime in but I can say he was very open and helpful to me when I was in the process of purchasing P2174 and I hope to be able to reunite him with P2174 someday as he and Ilkhart Lake are only about 4 ½ hours from me today. You and P2175 will be a bit more challenging of a reunion.

Best,
Kelly

Hello Kelly, thanks for the information and I'm glad to know about my other "brother". Are we identical twins? In this case maybe you can help with the setup and some extra information?

Please let me know, Luiz

Back