Starting a Savingss! =)

Hi, ive dreamed of a gt40 since i can possibly remember and i am now planning on starting the savings for my dream car, how much should i aim for and what would you guys recommend superformance or cav gt?
Also anything important i should know before buying myself this beautiful machine? xp
Thanks guys! :thumbsup:

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Not sure how old you are but maybe instead, start saving for college. Everything else will sort of take care of itself after that.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
"Starting a savings".

While I understand the thought behind that, 'would suggest you find another avenue to create your car fund or you may never 'see' your '40, sir. Given the almost ZERO interest paid by banks these days, when you factor in inflation, any amount one puts into any type of bank account is guaranteed to loose value. At the same time, 'inflation' will cause the cost of building/buying a GT40 to go UP...making your savings a/c all the more insufficient as time goes by.

'Bummer, I know, but, 'them' be the facts.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Ravel,

Welcome, we are all deamers here............well most of us anyway. There is lots of good info to absorb, good luck!

Not sure what support you were looking for. There are a lot of folks that have worked years for a GT40 dream and they will all tell you the same thing, get the good education (sounds like you are on your way) and then get a good job and work hard. It is tough to save up the 6 figure price top of little things like eating and getting a place to live.

Easy planning, save up 150-160K (or around there) to build a new SPF. I don't know what a CAV costs to build. For used, look on a few of the sites (e.g. CobraCountry; Time Machine Motors, Olthoff Racing) to see what used cars are going for.

Kevin

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Keep in mind that being in Canada restricts your choices.

We can't do a Superformance roller into Canada but the factory does a special "starter kit" for Canada ONLY that we have Transport Canada approval on. Some of the content for the build is sourced and built in Canada to the SPF drawings to meet the content regulations.

Otherwise you are limited to a 15 year old build (proven to be that old, not a "1966" registered car) or building from a "starter kit" that is TC approved.

One bonus is that the CDN vs USD note has closed the gap. I think your question falls under the 'search this site' function as I don't think you'll find a better resource. With many builders out there, you'll get a quote from all with a request for pricing ASAP and you'll be getting the pricing from the 'horses mouth' so to speak.

P.S. there are only 'x' amount of companies that can / have shipped to Canada so that may also limit your options.

Chris

Back