GT40 Height

Not too many cars on the road make the GT40 look tall....
getting out of this and into the GT40 feels like getting off a go-cart and into an actual car!
The SPF GT40 has to the most raw/exciting car you can buy today and actually drive great distances. SPF....thanks again for building these cars.

Brian

Attachments

• IMG_4864[1].jpg
    IMG_4864[1].jpg
    192 KB · Views: 701
  • A2.jpg
    A2.jpg
    468.6 KB · Views: 607
  • IMG_4844[1].jpg
    IMG_4844[1].jpg
    328.6 KB · Views: 552
Last edited by a moderator:

Robert S.

GT40s Supporter
Not too many cars on the road make the GT40 look tall....

Brian

Clever contradiction between text and images. Whose P car is that?

In some way, the P car appears lower. I'm guessing it isn't. It would be interesting to measure the surface of the seats to ground zero, and compare. Frame to ground is likely most often used though.

I very much like the appearance of the P car as for the front, sides, top - but could never buy into the rear. Yea, it's all about aerodynamics, but I'd go with the GT40 Mark IV over the P car - but I still favor the Mark I best. Just my 2 cents. Thanks for sharing. Robert

No contradiction regarding the roof to ground height...917 is much lower....by nearly 4 inches.

Brian

Its funny because I looked up the specs of the GT40 the 917 Porsche and the 1967 Ford MKIV. While the GT40 was 40.5 inches the 917 and MKIV were identical at 38.5 inches. Two inches lower than the GT40.
Regards Allan

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
No contradiction regarding the roof to ground height...917 is much lower....by nearly 4 inches.

Brian

You may be right with that particular picture.. But I'm looking at an SPF 40 with road-going license plates that may well be raised up for more road clearance while the 917 appears to be a racing ride height..
It's hard to tell with replicas..
I only recall a 1" difference in heights between the original competition cars, but I'm no expert either..:lipsrsealed:

Back