Grey Spoke, Black Spokes, or Black Rims?

Trying to decide...

(Photo Credit: Superformance website. Poor Photoshop Credit: Me)

- Jeffrey

Attachments

• GT40 Black Rim.jpg
    GT40 Black Rim.jpg
    277.7 KB · Views: 639
  • GT40 Black Spoke.jpg
    GT40 Black Spoke.jpg
    281.1 KB · Views: 466
  • GT40 Grey.jpeg
    GT40 Grey.jpeg
    584.2 KB · Views: 527

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Looks like a familiar location. I like the black but would do them in a satin and not gloss

2011092817.jpg

Thanks for the feedback. I'm torn between the all black and just the spokes black. Some say the deep offset of the widebody rims are show best with the polished rims. Agree that satin is the right choice for the all black - possibly gloss is okay if just the spokes are done. While very much a frivolous topic, I appreciate the input. I know this is one of those things where the answer is - "Just get what you want, who cares what other people think"...but there is a lot of experience on this forum and glad to have the wisdom (like getting satin instead of gloss). Plus, it's a slow day on the forum :)

Mike, as you know, I think your car (in both it's variations) is absolutely stunning.

- Jeffrey

One of each set please! I went with all satin black on mine so its #1 for me followed by #2 if 1 set of each isn't in the budget. :):):)

Why not red; the photo shows my Superformance GT40 with the wheels red, they certainly get some positive comments.

Attachments

• GT40- 043-LR.jpg
    GT40- 043-LR.jpg
    215.7 KB · Views: 289
I agree with Mike! Satin Black! Did mine with Plastic Dip. The paint can be peeled off to the original orange/polished look. Works great!

IMAG0317_zpse6e95696.jpg

just to be different.....I like the third one (silver/grey spokes).....looks traditional and easy on the eyes. What about gold spokes perhaps?

Is this the basically the process you used to paint the rims?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlyB3FbYRRs]PlastiDip Rims - Without Taking Wheels off the Car - DipYourCar.com How To - YouTube[/ame]

Pretty cool! Might try this on one of my other driver cars that was previously owned by Helen Keller.

- LIONDOG

Yep... thats it... PlaticDip. They have a bunch of vids on Youtube. The paint is easy to apply and can be coated with a clear to adjust the shine from flat to semi gloss. There is indeed no need to tape off the tires, the paint peels right off when it dries. It would be a good alternative to what ever configuration you choose. The best part... no sanding and the paint can be peeled back to the original color and polish.

IMAG0311_zps941c93d2.jpg

Plasti Dip looks to be a fantastic answer to my wheel color dilemma - thank you! Looked through a lot of videos and discussions about it. I will now likely order the car with black spokes, polished rims, then give Plasti Dip a try if I want something different (for a while).

Back