Prospective buyer

Hi guys! I've been browsing the forums for awhile now, and have been very interested in the MkI's. It's my all time dream car, and I've been a huge ford performance nut forever, including my family. I currently own a Raptor and Lightning, and would like to bring a car into the stable finally! Especially since we're soon to have a professionaly class 2 track being designed by Tilke GmbH, who designed the Texas F1 track, and last Nurburgring renovations.

The kit would've been an interesting project but they just seem to be alot more fabrication time required, and that would be over my experience and dedication. My dad already has a f5 cobra kit that he built, but the cobra kits have most of the components complete. For me, it looks like the replica is the better route.

Financially, I'm not quite ready, but it's looking pretty promising. No big responsibilities in my life and I'll be 100% debt free soon.

I guess beside reading through all the threads, is there any good brochures or publications that I could look at? It looks like all the downloads on the spf site are down for the gt40 manuals.

Darin,

I think the Canadian government doesn't allow replica or 'kit' cars that are newer than 15 years old. That will limit you to some of the older, more established companies like KVA and ERA.

Unless somebody knows about a loophole that I don't?

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Darin,

Contact me, we have experience with TC and GT40 imports. It CAN be done but is a process that requires additional time, effort and costs.

rick(AT)timemachinesauto.com

I cn send you the GT manual and other information.

Darin,

Contact me, we have experience with TC and GT40 imports. It CAN be done but is a process that requires additional time, effort and costs.

rick(AT)timemachinesauto.com

I cn send you the GT manual and other information.

Nice. Thanks Rick! I have no problems witht he additional effort/cost, as long as its doable!

FWIW, both my Lightning and Raptor were imported. I can't buy nothing locally!:thumbsup:

Julian

Lifetime Supporter
My parents might also be U.S. residences soon too, so if I need to go that route.

I am in process of relocating from NV to Calgary and have been told that it is illegal for a resident of Canadian to own and drive a US licensed vehicle in Canada.

A first registration date 15 years old or more is the magic date. My ERA GT is a 1993 but sat on an MSO until 2013, so doubtful it will be eligible. MY KVA is a 1993 with a 1995 first reg date and currently papers are with a prospective buyer in NS to evaluate eligibility, but if that deal falls through I'll let you know.

I'm bringing my Raptor though and believe I can bring any of the cars in as race only track day use.

Julian

Back