Superformance GT40 Pricing Action

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
We have been informed that the 2014 calender year production has been completely filled and we are now into 2015 for builds.

Concurrent with this Superformance has announced a price increase on the GT40 rolling chassis. We have until July 2 to submit orders at the current pricing. A "slot deposit" will place your order in the production schedule and lock in the current pricing. When the chassis is ready for production you may submit the "production deposit" and go on line or defer and drop back one position. You may defer your chassis build for up to one year from the time we inform you that the chassis is ready to build.

If you choose not to go forward with your order we will pass your slot on and refund your slot deposit or you can sell your slot to another purchaser.

If a GT40 is on your "to do" list, this is the time to do it!

rick(AT)timemachinesauto.com

Time Machines Motorsports - Authorized Superformance Dealer for GT40, MKIII, MKII Street and FIA USRRC and Corvette Grand Sport

WOW, the GT 40 Market looks like its on the UP Rick. Great news for those in the biz.

During a recent conversation with the CAV facotry I heard they too have stopped taking orders for 2014. A testament to the quality of both products.

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
And pulling up the used car values also, I hope...

Absolutely!!!! But we do have three resale GTs available that you can save tens of thousands on compared to a new build out. 2 MK IIs and a MK I. Plus no waiting, instant gratification is available!

"no waiting, instant gratification"

What, and miss out on all the fun of waiting 18 months and coordinating a fair number of details?

Any speculators placing orders for a few RBT's to have in stock to sell at a 50% mark up for that anxious new GT40 buyer? Can't believe with 12+ month lead time I still waited a month for a RBT. (A big thanks to Superformance for jumping in and finding a RBT or I might still be waiting.)

- Jeffrey

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
Jeffrey can testify getting the car is one thing, getting the transaxle is another, then customizing to your needs another, all takes time, took me a year or better to make it the way I wanted it.

Why so many price increases??? You have priced yourself out of my budget or what I would be willing to pay!!

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Why so many price increases??? You have priced yourself out of my budget or what I would be willing to pay!!

It is not "me", it is the distribution and manufacturing. I make no more now than years ago. I understand "willing" to pay, but by that logic I can purchase a new La Ferrari for 50K because that is what I am "willing to pay."

I would be thrilled if we could be at the price levels of three years ago but sadly that is not to be. Perhaps you should avail yourself of one of the resale cars currently available. They will actually go UP in value with the forthcoming pricing.

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Are there other less faithful brands that can be had for less? I bought an SPF because I believe over time they will retain their value over other brands. Not better just different in that way. Ford GTs are now priced well beyond what most of us are willing to spend but they are still selling to the select few that can afford them. Prices are set based on market demand. Do you see demand going up or down Rick?

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Do you see demand going up or down Rick?

Currently there is strong demand for the GT40. Despite increases in cost we are ordered out a ways. I currently have six sold units in the order bank and a few more sales pending.
Hi Tech is doing 2-2.5 cars per month for the world market so there is no "glut" of unsold cars and in fact I don't have a chassis in inventory as it would delay a customer order.....the reason I bought a resale car!

The FGT price escalation will continue and demand is high, inventory of collector quality cars has dropped and the "OH SHIT" moments have continued to reduce the no stories population.

The GT40 is riding a value increase as well, the gap to an FGT seems to be somewhat consistent so as they rise so do the SPF GT40s.

Back