Monterey 2014

Just checking in to see who is attending this year, if anyone. I know it is the year of the Porsche but a few 40's won't hurt either. I am going with several buddies and we are driving our cars so if I decide to drive it I have extra storage. Hope to see and meet more owners this year, had a great time meeting several last year, Craig and Jack to name a few.
Mike M

I'll be there for the historics and Concours d'Elegance no matter what, but with some luck I'll have my car running and in attendance. Would love to meet up with other 40's and their owners.

I will be there also, historics and various other events from thurs. through Sunday. Look forward to meeting other GT 40 types! Don't know what I will be driving, but the 40 is close! Vacaville Mike, I'm guessing you will be there? Look forward to seeing you this year.
Maybe we all could find a time and place to meet! Any ideas?
Richard Carr
SPF P2127

There are lots of great places in Monterey, perhaps one of the parks? When are people planning on getting into town? I'm headed in on Monday the 11th.

My wife and I will be there. Car will be in the Superformance corral. Staying in Pacific Grove from thursday-Sunday.

Ah very well, thanks! As far as meeting up with fellow owners, is anyone else planning on attending any of the rallies or car shows during the week? If so, which ones?

Vacaville Mike, I'm guessing you will be there?

I haven't missed it once, since 1993 at least!

The traditional SPF GT40 meetup place has been the Baja Cantina on Thursday afternoon/evening. After that, there are so many competing events that it's next to impossible to get everybody together. But Thursday night the only happening thing that's happening is the Baja Cantina.

Looking forward to seeing some SPF cars there again this year! Although my Pantera is running, as is my wife's Pantera, I will likely be driving some pedestrian thing due to the nature of the running around that I have to do that weekend--I'm hauling a set of wheels home for one thing, so it will either be one of my fleet of VW Sciroccos, or the wife's minivan (DOH!) :stunned:

Baja Cantina sounds perfect Thurs p.m. Always wanted to make that one! Looking forward to meeting all! What time Mike?
Thanks Mike.
Dick Carr
GT40 SPF P2127

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
I might show up in my TR6 but the GT40 is in Arkansas. Been in Norcal since Saturday working on our money pit.

I might show up in my TR6 but the GT40 is in Arkansas. Been in Norcal since Saturday working on our money pit.

Don't you mean 'unique and highly special real estate opportunity'? :laugh:

People start showing up at Baja Cantina mid-day but I probably won't get there until 5 or so....

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
Don't you mean 'unique and highly special real estate opportunity'? :laugh:

Thats what I thought 12 years ago. :shocked: I'll show up at the cantina about 2-3 to get a parking place, if your going to be looking for a parking place with your car show up early.

I'll be driving this.

Attachments

• TR6.jpg
    TR6.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 288
Jack,

Thanks for the input, I will try to show up early also. I missed it last year because we were at a different event. Look forward to seeing you guys again.

Mike

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Jack,

If you can't find anything closer...

We live about 1.5 hours north of Monterey in Los Gatos/Saratoga (above Santa Cruz, a great drive!) you are more than welcome to stay here.

Frances and Ali will be in Yellowstone, so it'll just me me and the dogs.

I'm planing on going down Thurs to the Cantina and then Sat to Laguna....Friday/Sunday?

I just got the Batmobile checked out, the AC filled, I'm good to go!

If anyone is in the area...

I'm going to the open house at Canapas in Scotts Valley early tomorrow (Sat the 9th).

Well worth the trip. I was there last month there were 3 917s, 4 962s, a six wheel Tyrell GP car, Le Mans Jags, Can Am Cars, Audi Group B rally car.....

Last edited:
Back