Oil cooler on SPF

Hi all,

I've always loved the look of the "tower" oil cooler which I've seen on few SPF GT40s, like the one pictured below. I'd like to put one on my car.

They desperately look like vintage Harrison 12-Bolts oil coolers, used on continental air-cooled aircraft engines, but I suppose that some people is making new units, found in some SPF GT40s (not sure if it is standard, or owner's choice).

But no way to found some for sale through the traditionnal dealers (unless that Hi-tec Automotive is making its own oil coolers...?)

As anybody a source for getting one ?

Thanks for your help

Attachments

• EngineCompartment1.jpg
    EngineCompartment1.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 966

Laurent

Supporter
Hello,
I also plan to replace my additional oil radiator with this one coming directly from aviation. However, I wonder about the position of the outlets as well as the height of the element in relation to the displacement of the oil: on the reconstruction images of the two radiators, what is the high outlet for? only when filling oil as needed, or have you modified the radiator to have a high outlet and a low outlet? OR can we stay on the basic model with two outlets located on the closing plate at the bottom?
The Harrison Oil Cooler - Continental TSIO-470 is it a good model to use on the car ?
Thanks for your help

Laurent

Supporter
Hello,
is somebody know the reference of the oil cooler used on a MK II ?

Continental Oil Cooler Harrison TSIO-470 ?
or
Continental Oil Cooler Harrison TSIO-360 ?
Thanks for your help

Your Welcome.

Call lee Holman for the cap plate (mounts on the bottom and has the fitting outlets)

About 340 US plus shipping.

JM

Hello,
I also plan to replace my additional oil radiator with this one coming directly from aviation. However, I wonder about the position of the outlets as well as the height of the element in relation to the displacement of the oil: on the reconstruction images of the two radiators, what is the high outlet for? only when filling oil as needed, or have you modified the radiator to have a high outlet and a low outlet? OR can we stay on the basic model with two outlets located on the closing plate at the bottom?
The Harrison Oil Cooler - Continental TSIO-470 is it a good model to use on the car ?
Thanks for your help
IMG_0466.png

Back