SPF GT40 video

Mike D asked about posting videos to the SPF forum. I successfully did it in the 'site questions, suggestions etc.' forum, and he asked that I repeat it here. I attempted to do so, and it apparently has NOT worked:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gSSVT5ql9xs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This same embed text, posted in the forum mentioned above, has worked just fine.

The question is--why??? What did we SPF fans do to lose the ability to share videos? :huh:

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Has to be jealousy because we own the best GT40s out there? I bet you can post videos in the RCR section ha.

Nice video quality of the practice. Is there another video of the car at 'speed'? I've got to get a GoPro camera. Thanks for sharing

Loved the video. I really did not think about how handmade, detailed and complex these cars are, in taht ocntext a total bargain. Even the sloppy work is probbaly in keeping with how they were done in period.

Great vid. Loved the split screen . It was cool when the car spun out in front of you . No one hurt or the car right didn't look too fast. You must have good faith in the go pro sticking to the side like that.

That is one awesome video.
I have a very good question, how are you guy preventing the wind noise on the go pros? I have one solution that I haven't tried yet, where you insert foam on the back side to absorb the wind.

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Seperate remote mic inside cabin then mix back in with gopro video. Gopro mics are not very good.

I will be running my car at Laguna Seca at the end of the month and I have a Go Pro rep wanting to do a video session one of the days. He puts about 5-6 cameras all over the car for different angles. Should be fun and a great track to top it off. I will post it once I get it.

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
I don't run a wire. I use a separate stand alone mic and recorder and then mix the audio from that memory card back in what the video from the gopro using final cut.

I have a mic with a 8' cord and I mount it out of the wind just above the exhaust then plug it directly into the camera. No post production mixing.

Gary what plate are you asking about?

Back