2307 at Laguna Seca

Had great time at Laguna Seca a few weeks ago. Seen many races there over the years but this was the first time I got to drive it and I can't wait till next year. The group I'm in is point by passing only so be patient with the time it takes to get around a couple cars

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tmMWv2QAjs

What do you mean wait until next year? Your in Road course Heaven out there. How many Tracks in CA ? A few in Nevada,...why wait....get your seat time so we can watch you ride up their ass and keep them looking in those mirrors at your your car. They will easily give you a point by...

Mike,
Nice video. Noticed your RHD, is your Mk I an R model? What tires and brake pads are you using? Dry sump? Try Thunderhill for a track day too.

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
I figured brakes were what held these cars back but after several laps you appeared to still be closing up on cars on corner entry?

Dennis did my install with almost all the R features but I wanted the AC, in California its a must. I have the brake ducts for fresh air and this was my first track session with the BP40's, great track pad. Never once was there any break fade.
I only said next year for Laguna Seca. Haven't driven Thunderhill Dave but I did ride in a 40 there and it was fun. Someone saId Infineon was fun too! I've ran at 4 tracks in Southern California over the last couple years and I actually enjoy all the stories I hear from people about the GT40 and how it's always been there favorite car. Hands down, the GT40 gets the biggest crowd at the track.

Incredible video - thank you for making it and sharing it! The was the camera shifts from side to side through the turns, blended with exterior shots, interior shots and on board telemetry - very well done. I've never been to Laguna Seca, but I've driven it in simulators. Your video gave me a better feel for the track than anything else I've ever seen before. Felt like I was there!

- Jeff

For shocks I went with the QA1 double adjustable with 650 lb springs in the back and I believe 550 lb springs in the front. Stock Willwood breaks with the BP40 compound. Breaks are definately more than enough, it's me carrying all that speed deep into the end of the straight and seeing how fast you are closing in on the other cars.

Dave, I missed your question. I use the Avons on the street and even tracked them twice. They were good, I just didn't want to wear them out. I have been using 17's with Nitto NT01's and for the price I've been very happy. I know I haven't reached the limit of the car because I've never had the car slide or break loose, which is fine with me, I'm just trying to have fun and beat my buddies!

Back